Low carb?

Options
I've been eating lower carbs because of doctors orders. Starting to get bored with my current recipes and looking to branch out and try some new! Any suggestions?

Replies

• JLgettinghealthy
    JLgettinghealthy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen, I Breathe...I'm Hungry, and Peace, Love, and Low Carb. They always have DELICIOUS low-carb recipes that keep me on track. Good luck!
  • JLgettinghealthy
    JLgettinghealthy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Here are the links:

www.kalynskitchen.com/
    www.ibreatheimhungry.com/
    peaceloveandlowcarb.com
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Here are the links:

www.kalynskitchen.com/
    www.ibreatheimhungry.com/
    peaceloveandlowcarb.com

Thank you for these links - I have been following Keto eating for about a week now and I'm always looking for different recipes.
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    I've found some good stuff at Nom Nom Paleo: http://nomnompaleo.com/recipeindex
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I get quite a few recipes from Linda's low carb.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

Nom Nom Paleo (some are lower carb, some recipes aren't),
    Civilized Caveman creations (he just published an awesome cookbook with the lady from Nom Nom Paleo).

The recipe section of Low Carb Friends website.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lower carbs because of doctors orders. Starting to get bored with my current recipes and looking to branch out and try some new! Any suggestions?

I have decided to cut back on my carbs to 150mg per day (not sure if this is seen as low carb). I use to eat over 200 per day, so it is a start.

My problem is that I do not eat any meat, chicken, eggs or seafood, so I am very limited in the protein range and have to become very creative.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

I have decided to cut back on my carbs to 150mg per day (not sure if this is seen as low carb). I use to eat over 200 per day, so it is a start.

My problem is that I do not eat any meat, chicken, eggs or seafood, so I am very limited in the protein range and have to become very creative.

Seitan & tofu, what else is left but dairy?
  • newlooknewme2014
    newlooknewme2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) This really helps!
  • newlooknewme2014
    newlooknewme2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. That's tough. I have a friend doing Keto only eating 20g of carbs a day. She doesn't eat meat, or chicken, but she does eat eggs and seafood. Mainly she eats eggs, cheese, tofu, jello, nuts, seeds, and veggies. I hope this helps a bit.

Best of luck!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

Make an account on Pinterest:

http://www.pinterest.com/websitedesigner/low-carb-vegetarian-recipes/
  • socajam
    Options

Seitan & tofu, what else is left but dairy?

I stopped eating tofu (soy products) due to fibroids.
  • socajam
    Options

Make an account on Pinterest:

http://www.pinterest.com/websitedesigner/low-carb-vegetarian-recipes/

Thanks
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Great sites Splendid Low Carbing, Buttoni's Low Carb, Carb Wars, 24-7 Low Carb Diner I have more also.