Quack Quack, Dr. Oz is being called out......

Options

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I saw this earlier on Facebook.

I won't lie. It kind of made my entire day.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    He is an insufferable *kitten* for the crap products and people he promotes. Foodbabe anyone?? Ultimately I blame Oprah for starting all these horrible shows like his and Dr Phil.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    He is an insufferable *kitten* for the crap products and people he promotes. Foodbabe anyone?? Ultimately I blame Oprah for starting all these horrible shows like his and Dr Phil.
    Can't help admitting, I loved watching Dr.Phil in high school.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Good read
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    About time.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

^Yep this! I even shared the link on my FB page :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Its unfortunate because he could do so much good. The format of the show is great: a lot of simple, visual props to explain the idea. I thinks that's great but the information he is sharing is 99% garbage. He jumps from one diet bandwagon to the next. And yes, weight loss is a huge issue for women but there are so many other things that concern us. I never watch him. I do watch The Doctors occasionally and they seem to have a more universal outlook on health.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    applause.gif
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Its unfortunate because he could do so much good. The format of the show is great: a lot of simple, visual props to explain the idea. I thinks that's great but the information he is sharing is 99% garbage. He jumps from one diet bandwagon to the next. And yes, weight loss is a huge issue for women but there are so many other things that concern us. I never watch him. I do watch The Doctors occasionally and they seem to have a more universal outlook on health.
    YOu seem to know an awful lot about him for never watching him.....
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about Dr. Oz other than that he advertises weight loss supplements and really looks like he's had plastic surgery and both of those things make me really, really not trust him...

It's sad because in a position like that he really could do a lot of good. He reaches so many people... and possibly people who haven't had the opportunity to get good medical advice elsewhere. :(
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options

I stopped watching The Doctors a long long long time ago.

They did a show on Pediatric GERD and it was filth! Pure lies, all of it. My son had many medical issues when born one of them being very severe GERD (think screaming for hours on end and never sleeping ever) so severe he ended up tube fed.

What garbage they put out on that show was awful!!

I sent them a very long email about it and they never responded back. So did many mothers I know who are part of online forums for kids who are tube fed for GERD.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Lol im suprised not everyone knows he is a glorified affiliate marketer already.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Finally!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    That article just put me in a good mood.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I was gunna start a thread on Dr Oz and his role in this illusion

but you already did

and you did it with a link to another story

LOL like I would ever click on that = do you not have your own opinion?

my opinion = Dr. Oz is a snake oil guy, but had now been drawn into the public eye big time,.. and .... oh geez ... will continue to be a snake oil dixweed

sorta of like a link poster

jhahah

Sweat Daily!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay! My mom is always telling what she saw on that crap show. I try to explain to her that each day is a new miracle weight loss technique or blah blah blah.... but yet a few days later she is telling me something else she just heard about.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Oh...I like that senator. I like her a lot!!!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    If you had to eat everything that guy says prevents cancer/promotes weightloss You'd be eating all day
    ETA: I'm ashamed to say I bought the oolong tea, and tried the smoothie cleanse before I started on here!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Yay! My mom is always telling what she saw on that crap show. I try to explain to her that each day is a new miracle weight loss technique or blah blah blah.... but yet a few days later she is telling me something else she just heard about.

That's just what my mother in law does. I just tune out because she won't listen. I think I will send her the link. :)