white bread?

Options
hello all,

has anyone else totally cut white bread out of their diet? i did, and the results have been amazing. i just eat 100% whole wheat now.

if i had a choice between a snickers bar or a plain white bagel with peanut butter, i would choose the bagel every time! white bread was my comfort food.

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Racist against whites huh?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    hello all,

has anyone else totally cut white bread out of their diet? i did, and the results have been amazing. i just eat 100% whole wheat now.

if i had a choice between a snickers bar or a plain white bagel with peanut butter, i would choose the bagel every time! white bread was my comfort food.

Not sure if joking or not :indifferent:
  • rudy336
    rudy336 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    im serious. i cut out all white bread and lost weight.
  • LaneB89
    LaneB89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

That just means you: A) Have insulin problems or B) Ate less overall.

Switching from white to any other kind of bread does nothing if the calories don't change. Just because you've lost weight doesn't mean it was attributed to a change in bread type.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Good job, I guess. I only cut out white bread because I think it has no flavour haha
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

That's cool that it works for ya. I hardly every ate white bread, but still got fat:grumble: Just lots of everything else :laugh:

P.S. I still choose white bread over whole wheat, when I do need a sammich. It's my thang, lol!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    I haven't deliberately cut out all white bread and I don't eat much bread anyway - but I prefer whole meal and we buy whole meal bread for home and I ask for it if I am buying a sandwich somewhere.
    It tastes better and I find it is more filling too - presumably due to extra fibre.

I've lost weight but I don't think it is due to the type of bread I mostly eat - I ate whole meal before trying to lose weight too
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    i did, and the results have been amazing.

in for amazeballs
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just think what kind of results you'd get if you got rid of ALL BREAD!!!!
  • Zardeenah
    Zardeenah Posts: 15
    Options
    Kind of? I don't really eat bread any more. But when I do it's either because I'm in a hurry and have no other options or because I'm being served it. In either case I don't discriminate.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I still eat white bread but less of it and still lose weight.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I cut white bread out 3-4 months ago and have not seen a difference it yet. I cut out sodas a year ago and lost nothing from that either. I am weaning myself off sugar in my morning coffee now, so we shall see if that helps.

The only thing that seems to be helping is eating a mostly fresh fruit, veggie, lean protein diet.
  • gretlarson
    gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've cut out most white bread except for flour tortillas when we have them I have white ones. We don't have them often.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

This is funnier to me today than it was yesterday...pretty hard to believe, huh? :blushing:
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bread wasnt a comfort food for me but I never thought of all rmthe cals adding up till I got MFP and literally added them up. I cut white out at first but every now and then I will have a whole grain or maybe a wheat wrap.

I cut sodas out completely...instead I drink lemon water if I need a little flavor......sometimes if I really really want it I will drink a little hawaiin punch sugar free but I try to dilute it.

Ive been eliminating as many wasted carbs / simple as possible...and instead try and make every cal count with more nutrient dense items.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Racist against whites huh?

I was just going to say this lol. I love whites btw... The bread of course.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What happens if you eat 50% white bread and 50% wholemeal do you lose half the amount of weight?
  • dectra
    dectra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've cut the bread from my diet. Started by switching to whole wheat, then just stopped eating bread period. I feel better for it, the extra calories weren't helping me loose fat.