Pear shape success

Options
Holly_k88
Holly_k88 Posts: 59 Member
Hi *waves*

I'm pear shaped very self conscious about my wobbly bum and big thighs :( I was hoping some of you other lovely pear shaped ladies might inspire me so I can visualise my (hopefully) future success. Pictures very much appreciated :) x

Replies

• bekahlay1
    bekahlay1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a pear shape also, and sometimes I love it and other days I really hate it. I feel like I'll never get my hips and butt to shrink back down below a 16, but I know with enough motivation I can do it.

I was pretty small when I was in my early 20's and I rocked my curves and I miss those days. Have my son really wrecked my body and I can't tell you how bumped out I am, especially since my sister has a boy body and just had a baby 9 months ago and can get back into her skinny jeans after 2 months of having her daughter, (yes you can hate her as well lol). It seems like whenever I feel really good about myself she comes around and then I feel bad about the way I look again.

I've been going for walks and I do a lot of stair climbing and squatting, as well as walking at work so I can't say I lack an exercise routine, it's FOOD that I have an issue with. All the bad things that taste good are, well BAD LOL. I struggle a lot with eating good thing and staying away from the deep fried stuff, and it's so hard. Especially since I'm the only one in the family on a diet, so there is always things lurking around that I shouldn't have.

I know people think that walking is cliche, but it has done me a lot of good. I have lost a lot of weight in my hips and my rear end is looking pretty good too, so don't turn your nose up at a good stroll. I use to do that when my mom would tell me to "Just get out and go for a walk, it's good for you." I'd roll my eyes and blow her off, but now I'm happy I started walking daily.

It's harder for us but you can do it and so can I. So keep up the good fight and know that there is someone else out there that understands how you feel to the T.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I embrace my pear shape I just really focus on loosing weight on my stomach and arms I will try and slim the thighs and hips after I have done that because it's going to take twice the work.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    From one pear to another. Here is a link of thread about this exact same topic! :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1173331-pear-shaped-ladies
  • Holly_k88
    Holly_k88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational thank you ladies :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!