am i really eating enough

Options
i have been eating 1200 calories a day plus eating back my exercise calories . But the last week i have had a headache and have seem to be hungry a lot . I have my diary open if anyone would like to have a peek and see what maybe i should change. I am 51 female and i am 5.3 and the last time i weighed myself over a week ago i was 137.4 Lbs . I workout everyday and i am now back to doing 90 minute yoga classes a few days a week and i am doing a Les Mills Hybrid workout with pump and burn and Combat. So taking only one day off a week Thanks

Replies

• traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just read your profile too and am wondering if the headaches and hunger could be more a hormonal response than a true hunger? You seem to be eating enough and very well from what I can guage. Maybe a trip to the doctor would shed some light?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    With only 7 lbs to lose you shouldn't be eating so little. Set MFP to lose 1/2 lb per week, eat back 1/2-3/4 of your exercise calories. Also try upping your fat a bit. You want to aim for .8 grams of protein per pound of weight (so 110 grams) and .35 grams of fat per pound of weight (so 48 grams).
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    From your diary it does look like you're eating enough, but you also have to listen to your body. Maybe you should play around with things and see how you feel at 1300 or even 1400. I sometimes sneak in a 1400 calorie day when I'm hungry and I don't feel guilty at all. I know people that alternate between a 1200 and a 1400 day. Aim for a weekly net deficit and play around with your schedule a bit to find out what works best for you. How much water are you drinking?
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies . Jwooley i drink 3-4 32 Oz bottles a day so i am getting enough water .