myfitnesspal recipe database??

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
Last night I entered a recipe for beef barley soup into "my recipes" and at the end, it asked me if I wanted to enter the recipe into the "myfitnesspal recipe database". I'd never noticed that before, is it new or have I just been blind???

Well- I didn't enter that particular recipe, but there may be some others I'd like to put in there.... but where is it? I don't see anything in the food links other than my diary and to add my own recipes. I'd like to browse whatever else is in there!

Thanks!

Replies

• lesleybritton
    Options
    I feel like I read at some point that they are building a database that will someday be up and searchable. But not yet...
  • navy4you2
    navy4you2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    it should be under the recipes and just leave the search engine blank which should give you everything in that section. Beware, it could suck you in for days. :-)
  • Wolfena
    Options
    it should be under the recipes and just leave the search engine blank which should give you everything in that section. Beware, it could suck you in for days. :-)

All I see are my recipes, and the ability to enter a new one. Can you paste a link here for me, please?
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    The recipe database isn't available yet. We're planning on adding the ability to browse and search public recipes shortly, but in the meantime, we're collecting submissions so that we have a nice selection available when it launches.
  • clarkkent1115
    Options
    I did the same. The last thing to pop up was a message that said when enough people have being adding recipes, it will become available for use.
  • Wolfena
    Options
    Very cool! I'm looking forward to it :happy:

Will work on getting my "good ones" in there soon :flowerforyou:
  • lilrascal263
    Options
    hello, i am new to this site and i read where u said you entered a recipe, could you please help me, i am having trouble entering a receipe, i enter the name ex: meatloaf and then it says to add an ingredient, so i say ground beef, well of sudden all sorts of stuff shows up, like mac and cheese etc. i am soooooooooooo confused. I thank you in advance.
  • hgray1971
    hgray1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have a time frame? I am a teacher and would love to use this site in my class. Our dinning hall is willing to post recipes, for the students/faculty to use when eating at school. I don't want to ask them to put in the time for posting their recipes if this is a long way off. I would use this in early to mid Sept and will get them to start posting the recipes if you think that it may be up by then.
  • lord_lethris
    lord_lethris Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The recipe database isn't available yet. We're planning on adding the ability to browse and search public recipes shortly, but in the meantime, we're collecting submissions so that we have a nice selection available when it launches.

I've been waiting for a year :( I have shared so many good recipe's, but no one can see them.
  • smithari
    Options
    Is there any update on this yet? I just started using the recipe function and drove myself crazy trying to understand how to search the database. Then I found this post. Can you at least display something on that page to the effect that it isn't available yet? It would've saved me a HUGE amount of wasted time. Other than that, I love the site!