Best Running Shoes

Options
I am on a tight budget, but these sneakers are so NOT good for running.

This mama needs a new pair of shoes! LOL

Please share YOUR best running shoe, price (if you know) and where to pick them up.

Thank you for your help.

Joy

Replies

• amyangel777
    Options
    I am trying to find out the same thing! Thanks for posting....hopefully we will get some great responses!! :)
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I swear by Asics. I wouldn't run in anything else but they aren't for everyone. Ideally you should go to a specialty running store. They will measure you (most people buy running shoes a size too small - you should buy a half to a full size larger than your street shoes), a specialty store will watch how you walk and make recommendations in all price points. In my opinion, good running shoes are worth every cent. This site usually has good prices on running shoes http://www.runningwarehouse.com/
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Well it has been my experience when I was out looking for a great pair of running shoes, that my tight budget didn't matter. They are all a little pricey. I finally settled on New Balance 760's. I did spend a good chunk of change, but it was worth it. They were $107.
  • RachelH25
    Options
    I just got some Asics Gel Kahana's or something like that. I love them. I got them at Kohl's on sale for $60 but I think thay were originaly $90.
  • acstein
    Options
    studies have shown that shoes under $40 and over $100 are just as worthless. That middle range is best. I prefer Asics, but the hubby likes Adidas. However, the new rage the Vibram five finger shoes are naturally the best. I got a pair ($85) and packed and loaded everything in my house, and then unloaded twice in those and my knee never hurt me. My knee always hurts!

However, find a pair that feels good when you put them on...play around with them in the store before purchasing. I try to have someone with me so I can leave my shoes and stuff in one area and walk along all the varying types of surfaces in the store. That will give you the best idea of how it will feel when changing terrain and how the shoes adapt, if at all.
  • Papucho
    Papucho Posts: 138
    Options
    Go to a running specialty store like Sara said. They can tell if you pronate or not, if you need support, and size you properly. Unfortunately some shoes can be pretty expensive, but you can almost find what you want in a decent price range if you're patient. Once you know what is best for you, it gets a little easier as the miles go by. Just remember everyone is a little different so you should be fit by someone that knows what they're doing. Lots of miles in the wrong shoes can do more damage than good.
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Back when I was mobile before my surgery, I bought a pair of reebok zig's for walking/running. I love love love them. They are the best shoes I've ever owned. I looked at them in womens but I was hesitant to buy them because they were $100. The fitting lady told me that I would fit into the girls size (I'm an 8.5 womens if this helps). Same shoe, same size, perfect fit for $30 less. From now on, that's how I'm buying my shoes :)
  • joymarino
    joymarino Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... common brand in the posts so far was Asics.

I will keep an eye on the posts, do my research and definitely make sure I am properly fitted for them.

Thanks again everyone!