Dr. Oz Grilled by US Senate on Weight Loss Scam Endorsements

Options
124»

Replies

• earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan of Dr. Oz. He's a quack.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    He's a great thoracic surgeon preaching about weight loss and nutrition. That's like David Beckham taking over as general manager for the New York Yankees.

He should have continued to do what he was great at but me thinks he has an advanced, stage IV case of the attention *kitten* syndrome.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    ♥LOVE♥
  • alyssamaryw
    Options
    Bump
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    He's proof that people put way too much faith into American doctors.
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    What a douche!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    In. He looks like he aged 15 years in those videos.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How did it take this longggggg?
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    droz_zpsb4da2921.gif
  • dotcomee
    dotcomee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I disagree that he believes in what he's selling and that he's an "empty head".

He knows precisely what he is doing. Of course he's going to defend his show and say he believes in it. Any good salesman would. He's cashing in on the diet industry, plain and simple.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    he's a good looking tv pitchman

Really? I'm a guy, but..... I think he's rather funny looking.
  • Lost_in_Transformation
    Options
    I'm wondering if he takes any stock in the companies that sells this crap? How much was a bottle of Raspberry Ketones before he mentioned them compared to after he mentioned them? I believe the price went up 333% (I saw this on a news story so no links to support it).

Kind of how Oprah can put you on the bestsellers list with a mention of it on her book club...
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used to run out and buy everything that he said. I hope they nail him. He's such a liar.
  • Princess71117
    Princess71117 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ...then it is prolly quackers ^-^
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Let's see... Green Coffee Beans, Raspberry Ketones, Carcina Gambogia..... and then he stands there and says that was all without his permisssion..... Yeah right..... How much money does the guy make??

Yeah, and lately, he's going after folks who use his name without permission. I think he's revving up to defend "Dr. Oz" as a trademark so he can use it to label his own line of products. He's starting to look old so he needs a back up plan for when daytime television no longer wants him. Also, if you watched him in the hearings and then out in the hall being interviewed by the press he showed how quickly he can turn his little self from the poor wretched one in front of congress into the self-important shill. I think he was damned proud of his "boo hoo me" performance on the Hill.

Watch the trademark thing. I really smell a rat.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I was very glad to see that.

Though yeah, I will not be surprised if the conspiracy theorists decide Big Pharma is just out to get him. :p