Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Slow cooker cookbook?

elainegsd
elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
can anybody recommend a good slow-cooker cookbook? Specifically, I'm looking for one that uses fresh foods instead of cans of soup, and isn't mostly roasts/big hunks of meat. Any ideas?

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

here's a great online source. She also has a cookbook.

I also like "fix it and forget it"...but it tends to rely on a lot of convenience foods (premade sauce mixes and the like)
  • Make it Fast, Cook it Slow
    This is an AMAZING book for slow cooker recipes!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    I love Fix It and Forget It Lightly - the recipes are easy and very yummy
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I love Fix It and Forget It Lightly - the recipes are easy and very yummy
    Love it!

I'd also suggest a trip to the library before purchasing a book to see what you like there and then you can get a feel for what type of book that's a good match for you!:flowerforyou:

For me crockpot recipes that I will tend to make first will be short ingredient lists, less pkg'd food tossed in, something I know I can freeze for later as well.

Have fun book shopping:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member

I second the recommendation of The Crockpot Lady! Her blog is funny and well organized, her recipes tend to be a little underspiced for me, but good for my kids and DH.

I also LOVE "Not Your Mother's Crockpot Cookbook"...some really good food!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Make it Fast, Cook it Slow
    This is an AMAZING book for slow cooker recipes!

This is the cookbook from The Crockpot Lady (and the crockpot365 blog!) She's working on a second (or maybe just finished?)
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    bump!
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member

I also like "fix it and forget it"...but it tends to rely on a lot of convenience foods (premade sauce mixes and the like)

Best slow cooker website ever. I can't tell you how many recipes i've used from Steph! Her 2nd slow cooker recipe book is about to come out also!
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Awesome!
    Thanks for sharing. :)
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Thanks! I ordered a couple of cookbooks today (getting recipes on the Internet is great, but sometimes you just have to have the book!)

I will let you know how my research goes. :happy: