Satisfaction

LisaGamerGirl
LisaGamerGirl Posts: 147
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Why is it so hard to be happy with ourselves? It's so easy to beat ourselves up, even over the smallest things. I have been having this problem a lot lately.

Replies

• I've often wondered this Lisa - I don't know the answer either :ohwell:
  • sbranaghan
    sbranaghan Posts: 29 Member
    I hear ya on this!!!!! I think its because you see all the stars and models who get paid to look the way they do! But, really, we cant be like that. Yes, it would be nice to have personal trainers and personal chef's but that's not how real people live!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,308 Member
    We all wonder about that.

I think it doesn't help that our families always corrected us, our teachers corrected us, there are rules and laws we have to follow, company policy at work, we always try to "do better" (I think so people will stop correcting us!)

It's kind of a viscious cycle of trying to obey all the rules, especially with women: who are more sensitive to relationship issues. We have the collective consiousness of women throughout time who had to learn to read the most subtle of human emotions in order to survive. Women have always had to adapt due to societal and familial pressures. But we can't ever be perfect. And I think we keep trying to be.

Therefore I think we are hard on ourselves since we can't ever quite reach perfection.
This discussion has been closed.