November 27th Please help!!

Options
November 27th is mine and my husbands 3 years wedding anniversary(he is in the navy and missed ours last year). I started "really" dieting/taking diet pills about two weeks ago and so far I have lost 5 pounds. I would really like to lose another 5 or even more by the 27th. Is there anything that anyone can suggest that will help me knock off another 5 pounds? Work outs, diet tips, any suggestions please. This is my short term goal for this month, and it is really really important to me. Please help.

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    eat completely clean. No sugar, caffine and very limited wheat. And get off the pills. they will wreck your metabolism. Keep your calories above 1200 and go ol' exercise. Those 5 should come off with clean eating.
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Drink a bunch of water (not all at once!) and stay away from salty foods. If your body is water deprived it hoards water for "just in case" moments later on. It usually stores it around your wrists and ankles, etc. If you can convince it you'll be giving it plenty of water, it'll drop the "water weight". And that's good for a few (noticeable) pounds.
  • irishpagan
    Options
    No alchohol. Avoid eating animal protein and starch together (vegetable protein is okay), so eat them with vegetables or by themselves. Drink 30 minutes before and after a meal, not with because it dilutes the digestive juices. Avoid eating carbs in the evening, but don't cut them out entirely. Make sure you're getting plenty of fiber, between 25 and 30 grams a day. And of course, cardio cardio cardio!
  • onegr8legend
    Options
    Track your nutritional intake. Spread meals evenly over 5-6 times per day. If you exercise track your caloric burn.

A pound of body fat equates to approximately 3500 calories. So if you have a calorie deficit of 500 calories (meaning that you burn 500 calories more than you eat each day) you would lose approximately one pound per week:

500 x 7 = 3,500

Limit your sugar intake and keep your carb intake to early day only (i.e. oatmeal morning, rice/past lunch and thats it for the day).

Oh yeah, and drop the pills. There is no such thing as a miracle drug to lose weight. All you're doing is wasting $$
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    WATER!!! Drink 16 glasses/cups a day and you will probably lose a couple of pounds just from doing that. Water is particularly important if you are upping your exercise as your muscles might retain water after working our. You could also try doing a set number of push ups every day until the 27th, that should make a noticeable difference.
  • chefdmc
    Options
    Raw Foods: Raw fruits, raw vegetables
    No whites: Wheat tortilla instead of flour, wheat bread instead of white, brown rice... you get the picture.
    No sodas. Green Tea 3-4 times per day
    Add Cayenne Pepper to everything you can...
    Keep your calorie count as consistant as possible EVERY SINGLE DAY! Don't do one of those, "Oh I did so good, I only at 569 calories today!", it'll slow down your weight loss. If you are on 1100, 1500, whatever, make sure you are doing the same daily.
    Eat breakfast every day.
    Graze more than sitting down and consuming 300 calorie meals. Instead, if you can, do 6 meals of 200 calories or even 12 meals of 100 calories per day. The more its spread out the better; the more energy you'll have and it'll boost your metabolism.
    Don't drink alcohol.
    throw away the halloween candy and any other temptations in your house.
    Diet with a buddy. It's easier to do it with someone.
    Utilize myfitnesspal and log every BITE you put in your mouth. Review it a few times per day.
    Drink 64 oz. of water per day (1/2 can be coffee & tea)
    More protein, less carbs and sugar.
    Ideas for small mini-meals:
    hard boiled egg
    cottage cheese (not yogurt, it has too much sugar)
    low-fat cheese slices
    3 slices of low-fat turkey bologna
    1 apple + 1 tea peanut butter
    1 cup green beans with spray butter
    mini salad with 1 Tbsp dressing
    2-3 oz of grilled chicken
    low-fat soy milk
    ............I'm sure you can figure it out from there.
  • chefdmc
    Options
    PS - I agree with the other folks on the diet pills... WASTE OF MONEY! do it with food... eat and lose weight. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • johnnya2
    Options
    First and foremost I would drop the pills. You are basically taking speed. The only thing diet pills are designed to do are supress your hunger. Use self control and will power instead. Realize why you eat. Most people it has a lot to do with boredom, or possibly in your case an absent husband.
    As others have suggested I would drink lots of water, increase your cardio workouts, and stay away from refined foods.
    If I could make one other suggestion, don;t obsess about the pounds, worry about how you look and feel. If your weight redistributes it is a good thing. I worry far more about the size of my waist than I do about weight. I have gone from a 36 to a 32 and that matters more me than the weight.
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You should try to drink half your body weight in oz of water each day. For example, I weigh 164 so 82 is half of that. I need to drink 82 oz of water a day which equals about 10 cups of water a day. That will help a lot if you can do it.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Raw Foods: Raw fruits, raw vegetables
    No whites: Wheat tortilla instead of flour, wheat bread instead of white, brown rice... you get the picture.
    No sodas. Green Tea 3-4 times per day
    Add Cayenne Pepper to everything you can...
    Keep your calorie count as consistant as possible EVERY SINGLE DAY! Don't do one of those, "Oh I did so good, I only at 569 calories today!", it'll slow down your weight loss. If you are on 1100, 1500, whatever, make sure you are doing the same daily.
    Eat breakfast every day.
    Graze more than sitting down and consuming 300 calorie meals. Instead, if you can, do 6 meals of 200 calories or even 12 meals of 100 calories per day. The more its spread out the better; the more energy you'll have and it'll boost your metabolism.
    Don't drink alcohol.
    throw away the halloween candy and any other temptations in your house.
    Diet with a buddy. It's easier to do it with someone.
    Utilize myfitnesspal and log every BITE you put in your mouth. Review it a few times per day.
    Drink 64 oz. of water per day (1/2 can be coffee & tea)
    More protein, less carbs and sugar.
    Ideas for small mini-meals:
    hard boiled egg
    cottage cheese (not yogurt, it has too much sugar)
    low-fat cheese slices
    3 slices of low-fat turkey bologna
    1 apple + 1 tea peanut butter
    1 cup green beans with spray butter
    mini salad with 1 Tbsp dressing
    2-3 oz of grilled chicken
    low-fat soy milk
    ............I'm sure you can figure it out from there.

Awesome suggestions, hun! :) Very good advice!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Hi....Yikes to the diet pills, scary. Check out the Joy fit club. She says you will lose 5 pounds in the first week.
    It's a healthy way to lose the weight. She is on the Show with kathy Lee & Hoda Check it out nothing to lose but a few pounds.
    Good luck...think twice about the diet pills
    Here is a link.... http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29054368/
    Christine