Teatox

Options
shiec92
shiec92 Posts: 688 Member
Has anybody on here tried a teatox?
If so what are the results.

I don't really see how they can aid weight loss but some of the other benefits like clearing skins, more energy, etc seem quite appealing.

Replies

• paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what a teatox completely entails but I do drink a detox tea every night before going to bed. It helps keep the water weight off, keeps me regular and yes, I have seen a change in my skin. As for energy I am not sure whether it is just my new nutritious diet/exercise or the tea but I do have much more energy than before.

Hopefully that helps!
  • dorisopen9
    dorisopen9 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about Bootea Teatox? If so, the laxatives in the bedtime tea might explain some initially weight loss. However, if you are not plagued by constipation, Senna and Psyllium are neither required nor advisable. Everything else - well, when I want to drink an Oolong tea, I'll get me Oolong, samegoes for mate, Lemongrass and Ginger and so on.

Their Eating Plan is just a collection of basic, low calorie, low fat meal suggestions. Nothing special. Weight loss will be down to this and not the expensive "Teatox"

A rip off, if you ask me.
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    Well I've never heard of the stuff until now, so I googled and just looking at the ingredients of their teas, I can tell you that there is nothing special about them. The ingredients are common (except maybe for the gotu kola and nettle) and can easily be found in regular tea blends at the market for much cheaper. I smellz a scam, to be honest.
  • SLMartucci
    SLMartucci Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ive done the Tiny Tea one a few times. It's not a miracle worker but my digestion is already top notch. I do love the energy it gives me and it helps with bloating. Only downside is the price.. SO expensive for freakin tea.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You don't need a "teatox". Your body detoxes itself every day. That's why you have kidneys and a liver.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Has anybody on here tried a teatox?
    If so what are the results.

I don't really see how they can aid weight loss but some of the other benefits like clearing skins, more energy, etc seem quite appealing.

Lloyd Christmas approves
    tumblr-tumblr-l8pb6nwn281qb64fro1-500.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    some herbal teas have mild medicinal effects. Not fat loss though. And if it contains ones that have laxative effects, well it's not going to detox you.... just give you diarrhoea.... personally I'd rather avoid things that cause diarrhoea.
  • AlwaysBigSteve
    AlwaysBigSteve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'll just put this here for later comparision.

dumb-and-dumber-pooping-scene_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What tox is this now? There's so many.