alcohol and appetite

Options
When I have consume something alcoholic...I find it revs up my appetite and I want to eat (even if I wasn't hungry minutes before consuming it).

My boyfriend, however, is the exact opposite. When he has a drink, he has no interest in food - he'll not even miss that he didn't eat dinner that night.

I guess I'm curious what 'camp' do you fall into?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i dont eat for the most part while im actually drinking, but once i run out of booze or if the night is coming to an end i get some serious urges to stuff my face
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    When he has a drink, he has no interest in food

I always have an interest in food....and alcohol.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'd be like your boyfriend..If I'm drinking I don't want to eat..it was one of the things that saved me from putting on even more weight in college as I'd never get fast food or eat after a night out.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'm an eater, so once the food appears I lose interest in the drink. And when the food's gone I'm interested in drinking again!
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    I'm an eater, so once the food appears I lose interest in the drink. And when the food's gone I'm interested in drinking again!

+100
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I get some serious munchies when I drink alcohol.
  • Smeltzer2
    Smeltzer2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When i drink alochol i want to eat. When my x husband drank he had no need for food. He is an alcholic abd than cpuld not stop. He has been sibwr for many years,now. Good for him. I drink very littke and have cysts on my pancreas. They are benign at this point but i will be followwd up in 6 months. The surgeon oncologist told me not to drink because cysts on the pamcreas are made worse by alochil. Believe me i am kistening but when i am told not to do somerhing i wajt it all the more.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I used to have a really hard time with this. I would go out drinking and I would want to eat junk food late at night SO MUCH. It ruined all my progress. Well, that and drinking way too much. Now I'm way too busy trying to fit alcohol into my daily calories that I don't even consider the late night munchies!! No way for me to do both.