Vacation and logging questions

Options
We are going on a two week cruise in November and I believe we will be away from wifi. Will my fit bit still record my steps then sync once we return? Will I still be able to log my food on mfp?

Should I prelog my coffee into mfp before we leave so I don't have to start over in my logged in count?

How have you handled logging while on vacation?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i dont, i just relax. make sensible choices, think of it as a test to see how good you are at eyeballing your food for maintenance. at absolute worst you'll gain a couple pounds which will only take a couple weeks to burn off

im not sure about your fitbit question, i would assume that it would record them until you are connected to wifi again but i cant say for sure... there is a decent chance that your cruise ship will have some internet access though

if you prelog it wont count as a logged in day, you have to actually sign in every day to keep your streak going (you dont even have to log any food just sign into the site)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't.... we cruise twice a year... it's vacation - treat it as such :) I have never gained weight on my cruises as you will be way more active with excursions and we use the stairs the whole time :)

Enjoy it - relax and eat, drink and be merry :)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You will be on vacation so first and foremost enjoy yourself and don't stress. You have a few options. You could pay for the Internet service and log as usual, eat at your maintenance level, or don't log but get in plenty of exercises, water/fluids and be mindful of your food consumption.

I went on a 7 day cruise last month and did not gain any weight. I didn't log because I didn't want to pay the fee for the Internet. I got up early and hit the gym every other day and burned 300 calories. On days I didn't workout, I did plenty of walking and drank plenty of water.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I decided not to log on my hols and enjoy myself within reason I gained 3lbs which I thought wasn't that bad really
  • 1974lynnette
    1974lynnette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this myself as I am going on vacation next week. I will have internet so I plan on logging but I plan on not stressing if I go over. I'm just going to not go over maintenance. There will be lots of walking, swimming, & shopping going on so I'm not going to worry about exercise so much. I do plan on taking my scale with me & weighing every morning like normal.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't. It's VACATION. Enjoy it, you don't have to go crazy but for goodness sake's relax!!!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    We are going on a two week cruise in November and I believe we will be away from wifi. Will my fit bit still record my steps then sync once we return? Will I still be able to log my food on mfp?

Should I prelog my coffee into mfp before we leave so I don't have to start over in my logged in count?

How have you handled logging while on vacation?

Pre-logging your coffee won't preserve your logging in count. You need to make connection with the website each day in order to maintain that. You do not need to log anything.
    You can log food without internet service, but you won't have access to the food database. I believe it is only the foods you have logged before.

I don't log my food on vacation. I do buy some internet access on the ship so I can log in each day/log exercise. I also try to find free wifi spots when in port.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It's vacation, enjoy it! I don't get why people get upset about losing their log in count.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have never logged on vacation. I always saw vacation as being a good training for putting into practice everything I learned while logging...i.e. portion control, moderation, good decision making, etc.

Also, vacations are supposed to be fun and relaxing...why stress about every little calorie? A week or two in the grand scheme of things. I never gained anything more than water weight when I was on vacation...I tend to be more generally active than I am at home and work and like I said...I just try to practice portion control and moderation....I eat when I'm hungry and I eat an appropriate portion and then I stop when I'm no longer hungry...EZPZ.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in September, and I am off work for a little over a week, and though I may log in and try to log, I am not going to beat myself up if I don't. It is my wedding week, and i want to enjoy it. I will not be counting calories at my reception, or on my mini honeymoon. 1 week will not reverse everthing I have done over the past months. I just know that when it's all said and done, I will be back to my normal routine of logging. I do plan to continue to get my workouts in, mainly because if I don't my day just feels off!!