negativity and facebook.

Options
Sandra W
burned 437 calories doing 50 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking 5 kilometres per hour"
about an hour ago via MyFitnessPal · · Comment · Like

Melissa J H ive just eaten a whole dip... but it was with carrots so thats ok :)
52 minutes ago · Like

Sandra W Right. Thanks for the supportive words. *kitten*.
2 seconds ago · Like

- - - I just had to write a little rant.
Next time she makes a comment on my hard earned exercise that is defeating the purpose of it or gloating that she's eating such crap. She's deleted.
I have people like my statuses that hook up from here and Nike+ all the time. I don't need comments like this, really.
-

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Facebook is a different animal than here. People here understand what you are trying to accomplish. FB...it is more general. No offense, but one my my fiends puts something like that up, my comment would have been much more sarcastic. But my friends and I are extremely sarcastic, so it is expected. Delete 'em, ignore 'em...just remember my saying, "What you said would hurt more if I cared what you thought."
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    *replies to her own post*

Melissa J H I said I just ate that. While you are out working out. Your doing better than I am. Your status made me feel like a guilty pig
    3 minutes ago · Like

Sandra W Right. And so you should.

I have 64kgs to lose. I don't need to read **** about what you're eating while I am trying to lose a whole person.
    A few seconds ago · Like

Sandra W I enabled these to post from one site to the other for support. No other reason.
    A few seconds ago · Like
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Like it's not hard enough without the negativity. You've got to do what's best for you.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Aye.

I know it's different than here. People are just stupid. Sarcasm I can deal with. I'm Australian, my grandfather used to tell me he tie me up behind his Ute and make me run behind to lose weight *L*

But really. Some people just don't *think* before writing. I've had those posts going up for weeks. ><
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Anyway. That's my rant for today. I just didn't want to "blog" about it. Because I wanted to blog something else. hahahaha.

ranting done. I am sure I shoved her back in her box now.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    "Some people just don't *think* before writing"

Story of my life. I am definitely missing that filter. Or better yet, that 5 second delay!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice to be a goldfish?

(although it's false that they only have a 5 second memory, i'll play on that anyway)

Sometimes I talk without thinking, it's worse IRL, harder to back out of. I'm a pro at it online. hahaha.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    We just have to take it in perspective I think. I actually had an aerobics instructor who taught step class last Monday ask me if I burned 600 calories in 2.50 hours in a week in her step class and she figured class burned 400-600 calories. I had added my treadmill and weights to the step class instead of breaking everything down. It was easier that way and it was all on Monday. I felt angry at her like maybe I didn't work hard enough in her class and was it in a week but then I put it in perspective and said to myself it didn't matter what anybody on facebook said because I know in my heart I do more than a lot of people do in a week including that aerobics instructor who teaches only twice a week. So what if she burns more calories than me per class. I do extra before and after her class because I can't follow her fancy footwork but we are all unique and I can do things better than her I am sure. I would not want to hear about binge foods either even though I am at my goal weight.
  • PocketNaomi
    Options
    Screw the twits who send stupid gloats to you. You did a great job with the workout, and you have every reason to be proud of yourself! Go you!!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice to be a goldfish?

(although it's false that they only have a 5 second memory, i'll play on that anyway)

Sometimes I talk without thinking, it's worse IRL, harder to back out of. I'm a pro at it online. hahaha.
    Goldfish? I thought it was called ADHD. You know sometimes when I...

Hey...wanna ride bikes?
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    SQUIRREL!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    ps. I know guys. I actually thought for a minute there about deleting my facebook. But maybe I'll just take off the exercise posts. I've my Nike+ hooked up to it too. So people *may* be getting sick of seeing my distances each and every day. hahaha. Although I've a cousin on there that posts from RunKeeper himself. ho hum. haha.

This girl won't ruin me. I've known her *basically* all my life. Everyone must rant. haha.