Couch to 5K done!

BobbyDaniel
BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
It took an extra week due to recovering from an ankle sprain from attempting to play soccer over a week ago...but i can finally say I HAVE COMPLETED C25K!
I accidentally shut my phone down so i lost at least a 1/3 of mile while it rebooted, so i don't know my overall distance, but it was about a 1/4 lap more than the previous laps. My Smart Runner app had me at about 9:30 a mile during the first 2/3 of a mile before my phone shut down and i averaged right at 9 minute a mile on the last 2 miles, so i was able to get my speed up at the end.
My first 5K will be on 12/4 in Lake Charles and in the mean time i will try to pick up my speed and run with my wife a couple of times a week as she moves on in the program, right now she is on week 3.
Glad to finally say I have completed Couch to 5K!

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    awesome i cant wait to start
  • How does it feel to be a "runner"?
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Congrats!!!!! What a great accomplishment. I now am on the second day of Jillan 30 day Shred. If I survive that, my next challenge will be C25K....
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Fantastic! I'm on week 6 and loving it:happy:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I didn't consider myself a "runner" until a few weeks ago when i ran the three 25 minute runs...but now, it is still kind of unbelievable. I always thought i would like to run and started and stopped running more than i care to admit; this program really worked for me though. I'm excited about seeing how far i can take it. I just hate that i waited until i was 39 to start!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    awesome job finishing the program...i'm in the middle of week 6...i have repeated days 1 and 2 of wk 6 a few times...i need to move onto day 3 and then jump into wk 7...i did the same thing with wk 5 though...just want to build my endurance and still a bit afraid of pushing myself...not sure why cause i ran 2.5 miles straight on the beach about 3 wks ago....oh well i'll move on when i'm ready...right now i have the race for the cure at the end of january as my first official running 5K but if i finish this program up sooner, i'll look for another 5k maybe in december...we'll see....anyway, congrats to you....an amazing accomplishment...keep on running...
  • Congrats!! That is sooo awesome!! I actually just started day 1 today and I feel awesome!! I never thought that I would ever want to run for any reason, but I have wanted to recently and cant wait to make it a routine!! WOOHOOO!! Good luck with your future running!!
  • HisLamb
    HisLamb Posts: 15 Member
    Way to go D! So proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    I finished the program and my first 5k is this Saturday 11/13. Great Job and after your race make sure to post the results.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    It took an extra week due to recovering from an ankle sprain from attempting to play soccer over a week ago...but i can finally say I HAVE COMPLETED C25K!
    I accidentally shut my phone down so i lost at least a 1/3 of mile while it rebooted, so i don't know my overall distance, but it was about a 1/4 lap more than the previous laps. My Smart Runner app had me at about 9:30 a mile during the first 2/3 of a mile before my phone shut down and i averaged right at 9 minute a mile on the last 2 miles, so i was able to get my speed up at the end.
    My first 5K will be on 12/4 in Lake Charles and in the mean time i will try to pick up my speed and run with my wife a couple of times a week as she moves on in the program, right now she is on week 3.
    Glad to finally say I have completed Couch to 5K!

WTG!! Best wishes for your 5k in December!!
  • Good job! =)
    I just started c25k and can't wait to say that I've completed it and I'm a runner!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Thanks for the inspiration and can't wait to be able to say this.....CONGRATS on your major accomplishment!!!
  • Congrats! I'm still working on week 7.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!