Water intake question

Options
ayron102
ayron102 Posts: 17 Member
So I tracked my water 2 days for half a day. EAch time I had at least 8 cups if not more. I've been working out, and I generally sweat way too much anyway (330 lbs, 57" round stomach).

But here's my question - is it pointless to try to track all the water? I have no doubt that I am drinking at least 2x the recommended water intake - not from 'I NEED TO DO THIS' but just because I know with the 80 degree weather, the sweet nectar escapes me - in a... not so sweet form. And if it still makes sense, how would you track what the proper amount of water intake is then?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    if your sure that youre getting enough i personally think its pointless. i dont track it at all

general rule is if your urine is light yellow-clear colour, youre good to go
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    At your current ht/wt I wouldn't worry too much about tracking water.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't track water. I know I get more than 8 cups a day so I don't even bother.
  • Panthers89
    Panthers89 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I track my water intake daily. 8 cups / day is supposed to be the baseline, but I usually try to drink between 12-16 cups daily. It was very difficult to increase my water intake - it has taken nearly 3 years to maintain this volume - but I feel better at this level. I recover from a workout more easily and don't need to drink immediately afterward. I even find myself drinking a bottled water between beers on the weekend too. The only change I notice is I run to the bathroom a lot to pee. Oh well.

I'm about 6'0" 230 lbs and walk / run around 35-40 miles weekly and started lifting weights 3X weekly in April.

There is no right or wrong answer. I have read conflicting articles saying anything more than 10 cups daily is overkill to needing to drink 1 oz for every lb of your body weight. (For the latter, it would mean around 115 oz of water for me - about 14.4 cups)

Just get your baseline to start - whether you track it or not. You will be able to tell if you need to drink more as your exercise and weight changes during over time achieving your goal. Good luck!!!