Uh oh!

Options
Uh oh says it all. (Almost). I'm really new at this healthy lifestyle stuff. A total beginner. I say that because I've had plenty of big ideas in the past that have gone absolutely nowhere (except maybe, into my mouth, and onto my *kitten*). :(

I was so happy to find this site and see all the positive energy emanating from it. I have been FAITHFULLY tracking my calories since Monday (5 days) and have every intention of sticking with it. So what's the problem?

I had 3 great days, followed by one really bad self control day, eating wise. I am trying to figure out if it's in response to looking at the scale and seeing i had already dropped 3 pounds - in only 4 days! While it was totally unbelievable to me, I wonder if subconciously I freaked out and resorted to self sabotage. ??? I would hate for that to be true, but I have to wonder.

I went WAY over my calories today, and had no exercise yesterday or today. (Granted, my schedule and the weather had to do with that, to some degree), But I am tired of excuses and only want to be celebrating my progress.

Guess that means I'll just have to start again tomorrow.

On the upside (well, it's unpleasant, really, but you might laugh) - my body is telling me directly that the beer, onion rings (only 2), stolen bite of my friend's burger, and cheesecake were NOT a good idea. As in, I have the runs. Maybe that will teach me? All this healthy eating the past few days and then a venture into the abyss of fat reserves central was a shock to the system. Aye aye aye.

Okay, I'm done blabbering. I feel better now - can let it go and hit the ground running tomorrow.

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Uh oh says it all. (Almost). I'm really new at this healthy lifestyle stuff. A total beginner. I say that because I've had plenty of big ideas in the past that have gone absolutely nowhere (except maybe, into my mouth, and onto my *kitten*). :(

I was so happy to find this site and see all the positive energy emanating from it. I have been FAITHFULLY tracking my calories since Monday (5 days) and have every intention of sticking with it. So what's the problem?

I had 3 great days, followed by one really bad self control day, eating wise. I am trying to figure out if it's in response to looking at the scale and seeing i had already dropped 3 pounds - in only 4 days! While it was totally unbelievable to me, I wonder if subconciously I freaked out and resorted to self sabotage. ??? I would hate for that to be true, but I have to wonder.

I went WAY over my calories today, and had no exercise yesterday or today. (Granted, my schedule and the weather had to do with that, to some degree), But I am tired of excuses and only want to be celebrating my progress.

Guess that means I'll just have to start again tomorrow.

On the upside (well, it's unpleasant, really, but you might laugh) - my body is telling me directly that the beer, onion rings (only 2), stolen bite of my friend's burger, and cheesecake were NOT a good idea. As in, I have the runs. Maybe that will teach me? All this healthy eating the past few days and then a venture into the abyss of fat reserves central was a shock to the system. Aye aye aye.

Okay, I'm done blabbering. I feel better now - can let it go and hit the ground running tomorrow.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hey I'm glad you like this site....I agree its amazing!!! especially the folks here!!

I am the same way I was soo craving bad foods yesterday...who knows why...for lunch I made a salad and then said hmmm steak fries will go well with this!!!! and lots of ketchup too!!!:ohwell: madness I tell ya! lol

and then for supper I didn't want food, I had sunchips and an apple...and today...well lets see I have swollen fingers and a belly ache....that'll teach my "I feel like being bad" butt! :noway:

back to wanting the good stuff today...for how long who knows but I'll remember how I feel now and hopefully that will get me over the hump!

hugs and good luck to you too!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    It is inevitable that you will have days like that on this path to weight loss. You just need to realize why you do it, that it's not worth it, and move forward. You are doing wonderfully and I know you'll get back on track! As an aside, I don't suggest weighing in more than once a week. And if seeing the numbers change has an adverse affect on you then hey, go for once a month or even less! Trust me, if you follwo this plan you will lose weight, so there's really no need to constantly be weighing yourself! Just dust yourself off and get back in the game, it is worth it!

Proudly celebrateing 11+ lbs lost since March 20th,
    Kerri :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Good morning guys! I second all said. I've been on here since April 16, and since then have lost 9 pounds, fighting for every pound. Hang with us, and it will happen.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ali, it's good to see your face again!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lol hugs ruth...yup one more shot right...:wink:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    You're right - checking the scale too frequently is probably a bad idea. I was just curious because I actually convinced myself that I could "feel" pounds going away. LOL! I wanted to know if I was crazy.
    I'll probably stay away from it for a while. Thanks for the advice.

By the way, congratulations on your progress so far! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Woops, still learning how to post!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Ali - thank you - Twisted though it may be, feels better to know I wasn't the only one who couldn't resist the call. And, oddly enough, easier to actually want water, fruit, etc. today. Weird!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Smiles!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I've always said I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to eating right. Takes soooooo much freakin discipline :grumble: but is soooo worth it once you reach your goal! :drinker:

Lots of people to support you and celebrate with you here so glad you found us! :wink:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi Smiles!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I've always said I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to eating right. Takes soooooo much freakin discipline :grumble: but is soooo worth it once you reach your goal! :drinker:

Lots of people to support you and celebrate with you here so glad you found us! :wink:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Shannon,
    How do you do it, long enough to reach your goal weight? I've been getting into the swing of exercise - and have been more active than usual just about every day this week. But the snacks OMG are killing me! So far, I've found when I'm not at work I have much more access to bad snacks around the house.

I also think I need to come up with some variety for lunches soon - the Subway mini sub (turkey) is low calorie and good, not to mention affordable, but that's going to get old fast.

I'm not one for prepping ahead - maybe that change is yet to come too!