Here in Up State NY

I am looking to find more people in the Up-State NY area that would like to team up to workout, walk, hike, kayak, or any other healthy outdoor activities. I feel if we did this it would help support and motivate each other. Lets work as a team to reach our goals.:glasses:

Replies

• where in upstate? it's such a large area!

I'm from binghamton
  • sunnywendt
    sunnywendt Posts: 39
    I am I think about an hour from you. I am smack dab in the middle of Syracuse and Rochester.
  • cardinal149
    cardinal149 Posts: 7 Member
    I am further north from both of you, about an hour from the Canadian border (Essex County). Biggest "City" would be Plattsburgh. As for exercise, I have been walking a lot.
  • sunnywendt
    Yes that is a ways from where I am but I have heard it is a beautiful area to hike.
  • cardinal149
    cardinal149 Posts: 7 Member
    It is absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy this beautiful day and good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    I live in Dutchess County (about 90 miles north of NYC)
    but I have a small place in Ticonderoga on Eagle Lake
    In Essex county! It's the greatest place for hiking and canoeing.
    Going up this Friday night for the weekend.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    albany here
  • Sallybally55
    Sallybally55 Posts: 97 Member
    Albany area!
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    western new york
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Saratoga Springs area here.
  • sunnywendt
    To any one that would like to join, there is a group of us going out in kayaks on West Port Bay in Wolcott, NY this Saturday morning. If you are interested in joining please let me know so we do not leave with out you.
  • clintpolcare
    clintpolcare Posts: 2 Member
    Saratoga springs.
  • shoedc22
    shoedc22 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm near Philly and New Jersey
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    i wish. i live in NYC, and sometimes i wish i lived up there with mountains and trails and stuff.

but then again, i love my bagels and pizzas.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Binghamton Here.
    @Capt_Apollo , We have trees up here too, and more birds than pigeon and flying sewer rats.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Last time I was in the city I got a jalapeño cheddar bagle that I fell in love with!!! Not exaggerating I dream about it!

Hudson valley here.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Western New York near Letchworth State Park :D
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Buffalo, NY here
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Dutchess County here! We have Bear Mountain, Mount Beacon and Breakneck ridge. I haven't had time to get out and hike yet, but what helped me find a group was to join www.meetup.com I found an upstate NY group for hiking, biking, walking...they have meetups almost every week if not biweekly, I can't wait to go later this Spring.
  • ChaoticSilhouette
    ChaoticSilhouette Posts: 36 Member
    Mexico, NY here, but I work in Syracuse& plan on moving back soon! Would love to team up with some of you from the area for health& fitness support& activities.