Anyone display clothes they can't fit into?

Options
2»

Replies

• xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is such a great idea!

I have a pair of awful jeans, that I hate and are huge - UK size 16

I have just brought a pair of new jeans size 12 - I will defo hang these up in my bedroom - they will be great motivation!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like this idea. I have a dress I bought used that I didn't try on and found it was too tight when I did try it on at home. I think I will hang it on my door for motivation. Then once I get into it, I'll find something else to buy to hang in its place.
  • Lynzigzagzay
    Lynzigzagzay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do this, I've had a dress hanging up on my wardrobe door for months now as it's my 'goal dress', it's still not able to get fully zipped up, but slowwwwly the zipper is getting higher up and that tiny bit closer to zipping.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have a pair of pants and a dress visible at all times. And I have learned to get rid of anything I've shrunk out of, too.
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have about 4 dresses that i wanna get into.Losing some inches will guarantee that.

I had 1 dress made of pure cotton, and it shrunk after a wash and i had to lose about 3 inches from my hips to realize it. Anyhoo..good riddance.
  • Nessie112
    Nessie112 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Over the summer, my friend is going to help me sew a new dress for myself a size or two smaller than what I wear now as inspiration :smile:
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Yup... a pair of size 6 skinny jeans, my ultimate goal! I WILL fit comfortably into those by December!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have a size 1 red dress from the Gap that my mother-in-law bought me as a graduation-from-college gift. I knew my weight loss was complete when I could zip that dress again and now I get it out every month or two just to make sure it STILL zips. If not, it's time to tweak.
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of khaki pants that fall off immediately unless I use a belt. In fact, that pair of pants is why I decided to lose (note: lose not loose weight). Since no one wants to see me in my underwear, I won't be displaying them though.

Thank you. After I LOSE weight, I will have LOOSE clothes. :smile:
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Two years ago, I was out shopping with my parents and found a shirt I really liked. I decided not to buy it that day, but they went behind me and bought it and surprised me with it later. I couldn’t wear it because it was too tight. (I didn't try it on in the store.) I didn’t want to return it, because I really liked it and it already was the biggest size available, so I hung it up in my closet for when I lost weight; which didn’t happen. Last year, both of my parents passed away. That shirt is now hanging up on my wall and is the first thing I see when I wake up. I WILL fit into it. In fact, if I keep losing at this rate, I should be able to wear it by the end of next month! It is my motivation to reach my first mini goal of being less than 200 pounds.

I have this same goal and only 20lbs standing in my way I will get out of the 200# club this year I know I can. I am down almost 30 already. I also have a pair of pants that I have been holding on to that have no stretch in them I mean none. I can finaly put them on not to comphortable yet but they are getting there.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of size 5 jeans that I last wore in 1984. They are the only thing that I have held onto for so long. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting close! This is a great thread.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight and went down several sizes and now none of my clothes fit me!

I have to wear a belt - that I had to buy because my other belt was too big.

However I have bought some new clothes ---- including 3 new bikinis That fit perfectly! And now I'm motivated not to gain so that my new clothes don't get too tight. :happy: