When you can't find a food on the calorie counter....

Options
Happyoceangirl
Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
what do you folks do? Do you just search for the closest sounding thing and settle for a substitute? (Seems a risky way to really foul up on counts). For example, a co-worker brought some generic chex mix stuff - it had some different htings in it - but is chex mix a safe substitute, calorie wise?

I'm just wondeirng HOW closely I have to watch it.

Another example is blt pizza. Had it last night and it was soooooo good - but the restaurant had no nutrition info, so I really have no idea if the estimation is right or way off target.

Help??

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    what do you folks do? Do you just search for the closest sounding thing and settle for a substitute? (Seems a risky way to really foul up on counts). For example, a co-worker brought some generic chex mix stuff - it had some different htings in it - but is chex mix a safe substitute, calorie wise?

I'm just wondeirng HOW closely I have to watch it.

Another example is blt pizza. Had it last night and it was soooooo good - but the restaurant had no nutrition info, so I really have no idea if the estimation is right or way off target.

Help??
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    what i do is if i dont have nutritional info to log my foods in here i dont eat it. but thats my choice as i realy realy want to get down to a healthy weight and have alot to loose so am going strict. its harsh but its working. and once im down to maintaining i can be alittle leanient at times although by then i may just be use to not eating certain things.

good luck hope others will have helpfull info for you too.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Well, you can enter your own food information, you know, by clicking on the "enter food not listed here." If you have absolutely no information to go on even to enter your own food, then I find something that is as close as possible to what I ate and go with that information.