help 150 to 300 calories snack ideas

Options
I'm looking for some ideas for 100 to 300 calorie snacks. I drive a truck and I need it to be something I can easily eat while driving after lunch and before my dinner when I get home. I have the perfect timing on what times I can eat and be able to eat 1800 calories a day and not be starving or craving. I have already eaten tons of different fruit , vegetables, and granola bars but are kinda sick of them and like to change up what I'm eating so I don't get tired of eating healthy. Anyway I've rambled long enough and just so thankful of this forum as its helped me so much.

Replies

• freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention I know there are 100 calorie snack packs of cookies and chips but I can't eat those becouse it makes me crave the real thing.
  • SLP76
    SLP76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Bread sticks with houmous - not sure if you could drive & eat this though.
    Sticks of cheese
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sandwich baggies to the rescue!!!!!

- Baggies of baby carrots and grapes
    - Pistachios, sunflower seeds
    - Pree peeled hard boiled eggs
    - Pre peanut-buttered peanut butter and rice cake sammie
    - Hummus in a "togo" cup.... dip celery in
    - Beef jerkey...or turkey jerkey
    - Pre-rolled ground turkey w / taco seasoning and lettuce mini roll ups (well hello taco bell imposter!)
    - Pretzels and peanut butter
    - core out an apple ahead of time, fill with peanut butter, dig in while driving
    - yogurt covered raisings
    - string cheese
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Most of my snacks are under 300 calories. Here's a quick list:
    -sliced banana w/ nut butter and chia seeds
    -crackers w/ mashed avocado and salsa
    -green smoothies
    -piece of fruit and small handful of raw almonds or walnuts
    -albacore tuna packet with sliced red peppers
    -mixed veggies and hummus
    -hard boiled egg
    -greek yogurt w/ granola
    -1/2 tortilla with 1/2 banana and spoon of nut butter
    -kale chips and a piece of fruit

Hope this helps!
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Try some of my go-tos for when I'm traveling:
    - Quest Bars, loads of protein and fiber, taste great, kinda pricey
    - 100 calorie packets of cinnamon/cocoa/vanilla almonds: they come in boxes of 6
    - 250 calorie packets of mixed nuts from Planters Nut-Trition: they come in boxes of 5
    -hard boiled eggs (or egg whites) and some fruit: often you can find this in the refrigerated section of convenience stores, at least I've noted them on the thru-way of New York and the Airports of Portland Oregon.

Also, my trainers have tried to get me onto protein drinks, both pre-made and powdered. I think they're all horrible, but the Oh Yeah brand was the best of the bunch, comes in premade and can find in the refrigerator of specialty stores such as Vitamin Shoppe or some convenience stores.

If you have time to cook, you could make protein pancakes, cool 'em off, roll 'em up and eat on the road. Peanut butter protein pancakes are pretty awesome.

Best of luck!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    String cheese!
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My typical afternoon snacks:

-Sliced Apples
    -Carrots
    -Pineapple
    -Strawberries

1 Oz Cheese, sometimes with a few slices of turkey
    -Hard Boiled Egg
    -Yogurt

Lately I have been buying the Graze boxes. For $6 they send you four snacks that are perfectly portioned, they have options that are low in calories. I also like the Nature Boxes, they are more pricey but have great snack foods that are not like those fake imitation ones. These are a little more expensive and I have started taking their ideas and making my own versions. You could look on their websites for ideas and then create snacks based on those.
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pretzel thins. OMG some of the flavors are SO delicious
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow great suggestions thank you. I haven't done hard boiled eggs yet or string cheese those will be my next snacks until I get sick of them. I'm also going to check out the websites that were mentioned thanks everyone. Unfortunately I can't eat peanut butter becouse I love it so much that it triggers cravings and can't portion it properly same for nuts. As long as I don't eat those trigger type foods though I don't really think about them.