Victorious Victoria Day Challenge - May 10

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Happy Weekend!

Yesterday I did the Bob's BL low & high and did some walking for 530 calories. Today I'm up way to early to go to strength class. Every once and a while I experiment with the "get it over with" mentality. I got Yoga Burn in the mail yesterday so I might do that too.

I did something stupid yesterday - I was at a half price books and found strength dvd for $6, I bought it, thinking it was on my Netflix. It was on my Netflix - I had already watched it and didn't like it :grumble: If this didn't happen frequently, I wouldn't bother me much, but my memory is like a colander sometimes. But, hey, the day before I locked myself out on my friend's porch and was stuck (2nd floor apt) until someone came by :laugh:

Have a great workout!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    Options
    Happy Weekend!

Yesterday I did the Bob's BL low & high and did some walking for 530 calories. Today I'm up way to early to go to strength class. Every once and a while I experiment with the "get it over with" mentality. I got Yoga Burn in the mail yesterday so I might do that too.

I did something stupid yesterday - I was at a half price books and found strength dvd for $6, I bought it, thinking it was on my Netflix. It was on my Netflix - I had already watched it and didn't like it :grumble: If this didn't happen frequently, I wouldn't bother me much, but my memory is like a colander sometimes. But, hey, the day before I locked myself out on my friend's porch and was stuck (2nd floor apt) until someone came by :laugh:

Have a great workout!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Bad day yesterday. I was STARVING, and could not stop eating. Without any junk, all whole food, I managed to go over by 1000 calories. This was compounded by the fact that after going for a walk, I couldn't (didn't want to/felt too dizzy and weak to) face Bob and Jillian, which is what I had on my schedule. I am trying not to be riddled with guilt. I talked to a friend of mine who's a GP yesterday, and she suggested that the pollen counts (which have been crazy high here) combined with the pollution of living in a city may just be taxing my immune system to its limit. She's seeing a lot of that, as well as people with allergies developing seasonal asthma. This might explain why I've been in bed by 8 pm every day this week.

Enough with my complaining:

Today is spinning for an hour (in the air-conditioned, pollen-controlled gym), walking to the gym and back, and back to normal eating.

:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Mornin' ladies. Although I take the weekends off from scheduled exercise, I mowed the lawn & washed my truck & managed to earn an extra 500 calories. I'm headed out for a walk before the mesquitoes wake up & try to carry me away.

Has anyone heard of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred? I think that will be my next DVD....

Happy Saturday:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Mornin' ladies. Although I take the weekends off from scheduled exercise, I mowed the lawn & washed my truck & managed to earn an extra 500 calories. I'm headed out for a walk before the mesquitoes wake up & try to carry me away.

Has anyone heard of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred? I think that will be my next DVD....

Happy Saturday:flowerforyou:

It's on my Netflix, but there's a long wait for it.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hey All, Happy Weekend!

Today I'm off to the gym to try something new, which will only work if it's not too crowded. I'm going to get on a machine, do 8 minutes of high-intensity cardio, then jump off and do a super-set of weights, then back on to repeat. I'll do six rounds, alternating cardo machines, and Im curious to see how many calories this burns.

Then I'm filming the rest of the day, then finally done with my show and on to whatever's next...

Yesterday I did a great vinyasa/ detox yoga class in the morning and 30 minutes on the bike. I was limited by cardio options because I was a "yoga tank"...not a lot of support for anything other than biking...lol.