Getting back on track... for good!

Options
Hey all! So I started using myfitnesspal a year or so back when I moved home from college a hefty 165 lbs. I had NEVER been that heavy before and used the website mainly to count calories consumed and burned... and to see how quickly I could get back down to the 145 I was before I left for college. That was in January... by that next summer I had dropped 15 lbs and now I'm down to 138. It was fun because I was losing weight fast and easily! Now that I'm lower than I've ever been I'm still motivated to lose until I hit 130. But its not so easy anymore because I'm trimming those last 10 lbs! This is where the social part of this website comes in.. I need motivation! Let's get started!

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back :)

I'm trying to stay on track, and it hasn't been easy! You are right, the last little bit is usually the hardest, but you can do it!

L.
  • veedee
    veedee Posts: 26
    Options
    Congratulations on getting down to that last 10! I am coming back now too - been a year of yo-yoing. You can do it! Look at what you have done so far!
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi :)
    I'm have started losing weight since Sept. 29 (I joined myfitnesspal a few weeks later) & I have a loooong way to go !! I have great motivation, but it's just so hard to lose ANYTHING at all !!! ( have lost 8lb. so far)
    Must be my age, my metabolism seems all screwed up haha
    But I'll get there eventually
  • lizzie4015
    Options
    ME TOO! but we WILL get there!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Join one of the many weight loss challenges in the forum for motivation. We have started 20 in 20: Part 2: Week 2 as of this morning. Our goal is to lose 20 pounds in 20 weeks...or as much as you want to and to be there to motivate, offer advice, complete a challenge a week if we remember to set one and to come find you if you go missing in action. :wink: There are many other challenges too.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    hi :)
    I'm have started losing weight since Sept. 29 (I joined myfitnesspal a few weeks later) & I have a loooong way to go !! I have great motivation, but it's just so hard to lose ANYTHING at all !!! ( have lost 8lb. so far)
    Must be my age, my metabolism seems all screwed up haha
    But I'll get there eventually

8 pounds is great in just over a month! Remember slow weight loss is sustainable, rapid loss is very likely to come back as fast as you lost it.