Anyone else feel sick from chocolate after eating clean?

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I've slowly taught myself that only DARK chocolate exists & may be eaten. No other chocolates may be eaten! Keeps me out of trouble! As long as I obey this rule, I'm fine. Am I 100% compliant with this? No, but maybe 95%. :bigsmile: :glasses: :happy:

Try the different dark chocolate flavors. The sea salt one is amazing.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    How is chocolate not clean? I mean unless you drop it on the ground or something.....................
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I used to hate dark chocolate but made myself develop a taste for it several years ago, now that I love it, when I try to eat something that's milk chocolate or like "chocolate flavoured confection" it just tastes like sweet wax to me lol even stuff I used to love. I've never eaten a lot of rich foods though because they do tend to make me sick, my stomach can't handle it even if it tastes good.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    intense cravings and differences in the taste of food? sounds like you're pregnant.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When you stop eating a lot of overly sweet foods, you lose your taste for them. My taste buds are used to dark dark chocolate, so Hershey's just tastes bland and too-sweet to me. I have also found that fruits and some vegetables taste sweeter to me than they used to.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I've slowly taught myself that only DARK chocolate exists & may be eaten. No other chocolates may be eaten! Keeps me out of trouble! As long as I obey this rule, I'm fine. Am I 100% compliant with this? No, but maybe 95%. :bigsmile: :glasses: :happy:

This is going to be my fallback position if the monthly chocolate demon rears its head at me. I already scouted a homemade recipe, two Ghirardelli options, and a big expensive bar Whole Food stocks for emergency measures.

I like dark chocolate. I realized this a loooong time ago when I thought about why I love Chunky's so much. Chunky's are made by Nestle and the Nestle chocolate is slightly darker than the Hershey chocolate.

I appreciate milk chocolate but as my tastes have matured over the years, I really like the dark. Even the weird ones with salt. Kind of Eww and Yum at the same time.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I get diarrhea from fatty sugary foods after eating healthily for a while. My body adjusts to low fat and low sugar!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    So recently i have been eating clean to try drop a few pounds, and all the time i am craving chocolate and sweets as i used to eat loads in the past. So today i gave into my cravings and ate a donut with very thick icing and now feel so sick:( i also have horrible taste in my mouth and have now had it since i ate that, is it because my body has adjusted to eating clean? i don't think i can eat chocolates/cakes again.. is anyone else not like the taste of processed food since eating healthy?

NO it's your bodies way of punishing you for not eating chocolate and donuts...

:laugh: ^this! :laugh:
  • ValGogo
    Options
    When you stop eating a lot of overly sweet foods, you lose your taste for them. My taste buds are used to dark dark chocolate, so Hershey's just tastes bland and too-sweet to me. I have also found that fruits and some vegetables taste sweeter to me than they used to.

YEAH, that's RIGHT! Exactly what I was thinking.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    its possible that the chocolate coating on the donut was not real chocolate, just a bunch of chemicals.

Can't tell if serious...but LOL
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Yeah same here!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    So recently i have been eating clean to try drop a few pounds, and all the time i am craving chocolate and sweets as i used to eat loads in the past. So today i gave into my cravings and ate a donut with very thick icing and now feel so sick:( i also have horrible taste in my mouth and have now had it since i ate that, is it because my body has adjusted to eating clean? i don't think i can eat chocolates/cakes again.. is anyone else not like the taste of processed food since eating healthy?

:laugh: ^this! :laugh:

I think that's good. If you don't want it anymore, then don't. PErsonally, I'm not a cake person but to me, if I have to eat cake, it has to be GOOD cake. Not Costco or BJ's cake but really good cake, preferrably homemade or from really good ingredients, like butter and real buttercream etc. I mostly go for pastires though like pies and million layer crusts like Napoleons. And tarts!
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate with coconut is even better than dark chocolate without it. It's a new, healthier form of delicacy. :wink:
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Reason #916 I'll never eat clean.

AGREED
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mir3pnbrrI1qz4rgp.gif

no.
  • Pirate_chick
    Options
    Nope.....I eat everything in moderation.

tumblr_m7643jcWcY1rziwwco1_400.gif
  • Pirate_chick
    Options

audience.gif
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate with coconut

mmmm I would try that
  • iamthesweenmachine
    iamthesweenmachine Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    totally normal!! when your body is not used to something, it tends to react negatively. I don't usually do the whole "clean eating" thing, but if I eat a large quantity of unhealthy food I feel really sick afterwards.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I get diarrhea from fatty sugary foods after eating healthily for a while. My body adjusts to low fat and low sugar!

That's pretty typical. Following a lower fat intake, then eating more fat will cause stomach problems. The problem is, that doesn't necessarily mean it is bad. Dietary fat is essential.
    Similarly, many people experience stomach problems when upping their intake of vegetables as well - certainly not "bad" food but can still cause problems. Eat bland food for awhile and add in something spicy, same thing. It is about a swift change in diet from what your stomach is accustomed to, it is not necessarily an indicator of whether something is good or bad.