Pre workout for women

Options
Hello Everyone,
I was looking into a pre-workout supplement to give me some added energy to power through AM workouts and had stumbled across Athena Natural Pre Workout for women. I read a lot of reviews and also looked over the ingredients and decided to order a jug and try it out.

I was just wondering if, in the meantime, any of you have tried this particular brand of pre workout and what your thoughts are of it?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    at most coffee.

usually it's just "get 'er done" I don't care for the idea of taking something to get me through.

BUT- don't waste your money on something purely for women- pre workout is mostly caffeine... so unless you make a habit of buying women's coffee- don't worry about buying women's pre-workout.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Most pre workouts are just stimulants. And with most of them being caffeine pumped, then spending the extra money isn't needed since caffeine pills are really cheap.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    at most coffee.

usually it's just "get 'er done" I don't care for the idea of taking something to get me through.

BUT- don't waste your money on something purely for women- pre workout is mostly caffeine... so unless you make a habit of buying women's coffee- don't worry about buying women's pre-workout.

Yep.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    BCAAs and a protein shake
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Tea.

Earl Grey.

Hot.

Seriously, though: the answer is coffee.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Preworkouts make me jittery. I worry I will end up running around buck naked climbing walls like Spider-Man.

But on the rare occasion I do use one, I like Honey Badger..
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Tea.

Earl Grey.

Hot.

but I like my earl grey cold... :( will it not work as well????

just kidding- cold earl grey is disgusting.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Tea.

Earl Grey.

Hot.

just kidding- earl grey is disgusting.

FTFY. :flowerforyou:

Echo everyone here. You don't need something specifically for women. You can also just take a caffeine supplement if you don't want to do coffee or tea. Much cheaper than a pre-workout drink.
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Here is my thing with the coffee....I can't do black coffee and therefore I would just rather not drink it because of all the calories from the milk/creamer or whatever I put in it. That is why I was looking into pre workout supplement instead. I guess caffeine pills would do the same thing but this one actually has a calcium, vitamin D and iron (along with other vitamins and minerals as well) which women (and all people) need so thought it would be a little better than caffeine pills?
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Here is my thing with the coffee....I can't do black coffee and therefore I would just rather not drink it because of all the calories from the milk/creamer or whatever I put in it. That is why I was looking into pre workout supplement instead. I guess caffeine pills would do the same thing but this one actually has a calcium, vitamin D and iron (along with other vitamins and minerals as well) which women (and all people) need so thought it would be a little better than caffeine pills?

Take a multivitamin daily and a caffeine pill before work outs. Problem solved. Still cheaper...and makes more sense than a womens energy vitamin pill thingy
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Tea.

Earl Grey.

Hot.

just kidding- earl grey is disgusting.

FTFY. :flowerforyou:

Echo everyone here. You don't need something specifically for women. You can also just take a caffeine supplement if you don't want to do coffee or tea. Much cheaper than a pre-workout drink.

LOL- I actually love earl grey- but I hate when I think it's hot- and I forgot about it and I go to drink it... and it's all cold.

I get super sad :(
  • aleahamarie
    aleahamarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also just ordered this! I'm still waiting for it to arrive. How do you like it? Have yo tried it? I just need more energy especially when I get off work to make it through a work out!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Caffeine pills are waaaaaayyy cheaper.