My Thanksgiving plans

Options
Well I am planning ahead and the morning of thanksgiving I will burn 1400 calories by doing my 75 push up my 8 minute abd work out then walking 6 miles at a brisk pace. Thartwill give me 2600 calories to consume for that day.!!! Gonna be a good feast day for this lady! Not a good fast day the day before. I'm gonna lose this weight and be healthy for the rest of my life! :heart:

Replies

• tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good plan! I have been thinking about holiday eating a lot lately & trying to figure out what I am going to eat, what I am not going to eat, etc. Having a plan and sticking to it is the main thing. It is easier said than done when the yummy treat table isn't right in front of me, though!
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    The last couple of years we have been going to Sulfer Springs TX for Thanksgiving. This is somewhat painful just dealing with hubby's grandparents, for me and his mom. So we have made it a habit that we go for a walk at the school track, before and after dinner. This has saved me alot since we kinda eat what we want, but I make it a habit not to go back for seconds... and I am not a big sweet eater anyways...So I am going to keep with the tradition and do my walks before and after, to save my waistline and my sanity...
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about my strategy also. I'm actually working overnight Thanksgiving Eve and then sleeping in the car while my husband drives us to see family. We'll make it there just in time for dinner...

So I plan to work out 3 out of the 4 days before Thanksgiving. 2 days for 60-90 minutes and one 30-45 minutes. Also, sticking hard to my calorie intake those days, including not eating the extra calories I get for working out. (If I'm really REALLY hungry I will, but most of the time I use workout calories for a snack or dessert I want to eat even though I'm not actually hungry). This should give me a 1500-1700 calorie cushion for Thanksgiving Day. The work-out once more before the end of the week . That workout has to be flexible since I'll be with family.

Eating on Thanksgiving- I'm not going to deny myself. I want to eat the stuffing and green bean casserole and pie, but I'm not going to over-stuff myself. I'm going to stop when I'm full
  • shanonbrown
    Options
    me also i have been wondering what possible lean and healthier foods i can put out on this thanksgiving although i do not usually eat to much because i cook and look at it all day..lol...but i think i will skim threw the new cookbook for some new recipes so not just me but my whole family may eat healthy as well......:))) and i will definatly include a walk and exercise into my day!!
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think you all have good plans, I am finding the more you exercise the more you can eat. I am enjoying exercising so it is not a chore to me anymore. It was in the beginning but I pushed through it! I am looking forward to a southern Thanksgiving and I'm sure it will be full of bad but so good foods. I don't eat meat but I know potaoes and green beans and bisquits will be there and I won't resist. I will stop when I am full then go for a walk.