Trying something different today!

Hello MFP friends!

I've used MFP along with RunKeeper last summer and saw amazing results from using it as soon as I got my first smartphone last July. I was able to fit into my old jeans, shorts, and fitted skirts & dresses. I fell off the wagon due to my overwhelming schedule during the school year (pfft... I know excuses). This time I wanna stick it out for ... well I want to make it a lifestyle and would love to have some friends for motivation, support, and companionship.

My dad got an emergency open-heart surgery during the holidays which scared my entire family. I've seen the difference in him before he got the surgery and after and he's not the same old pa anymore. I would like to prevent this from happening to me by making healthier choices.

I commute to work on my bike everyday (~8 miles total) and run every other day all with the help of RunKeeper that keeps me motivated with breaking my own records (woohoo), keeping statistics for me, giving me reminders to workout, and automatically sending this info to MFP. You can also add me there too if you'd like! (http://runkeeper.com/user/cristinaolives/profile)

In terms of fitness-related things, I like to go backpacking, run, bike, pilates, and practice yoga. I love yoga, and have been practicing it for now three years. I think getting fit will also allow me to do asanas (the poses) that I've always dreamed of such as handstands and forearm stands.

Hopefully one or two of you would like to add me as a friend and start a companionship on this awesome journey together! :)

-Cristina