accuracy question

Hi all,

I'm pretty new here, and looking for a little input. :)
So my favorite cardio machine is the Precor EFX 835 Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer. The machine doesn't allow me to enter my specific stats so I know the calorie burn is way off. It typically says 350 calories for 35 minutes.

When I try to add it to my daily exercise on here the only option I have found is "elliptical" and it says for 35 minutes of doing this (without asking my incline or resistance which are set at 8 incline and 6 resistance for the purposes of this post) I have burned something like 583 calories ( ?!). I feel like there is no way that can be right, it seems so high. I just ordered my FitBit One today and from what I understand it won't really be able to give me an accurate calorie burn using this machine either.
I guess I'm wondering if this amount I was given seems accurate to others on here, or any thoughts, tips, hints, for getting the most accurate measure to add to my daily stats. Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Without knowing your weight, you have to work extremely hard to burn more than 10cal/min. Go with the lowest (350) and know that even that. At be high. Fitbits can be inaccurate as well so just take it all with a grain of salt and err on the side of caution.