Accupedo

I downloaded this app last night and used it today at work, linked it to my MFP account then set my activity level to sedentary. The step counter worked quite well and showed that I had walked approximately 3.95 miles during my work day which I thought was pretty neat. When it figured into my calorie allowance for the day, it took away 205 calories turning my daily calorie goal into 995 for the day. Can this be correct? That I should only eat 995 calories in a day? I do not understand.
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this post, I was not sure where to place it.

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Never heard of Accupedo, but for sure this is not right! You don't eat less after you exercise, you get to eat more!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Sounds like -

1. You have your deficit set too high. 1,000 calories, yes? Try 500. More sustainable.
    2. You have your base Calorie burn too high. If it dropped you 205 calories to 995, and assuming a 1,000 deficit, you have your 'sedentary' TDEE set to 2200. Which is higher than mine, and I'm nearly six feet tall and male.

For a girl, 1,995 calories on a slightly active day sounds about right, and that's what Accupedo has given you. It's just that you chose not to eat 1,000 of them.
  • OK, I think that makes some sense...Gonna have to go play around with my settings a bit and see what happens. Thanks.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    I've never heard of Accupedo, but you're not sedentary if you went to work and walked today. You're lightly active.
  • yeah, that is kind of what I was trying to figure out, figured if I set it to sedentary and then logged everything I did for a day then I could decide between lightly active and active....just totally shocked me that it came back subtracting calories rather than adding them. Guess I will just set to lightly active and go from there..
  • kanata
    kanata Posts: 42 Member
    Hi,
    I was wondering if you solved this in the end?
    I'm currently not working so put myself as sedantry also as it depends on the day really.
    I did some calisthenics and swimming today but not so much walking but accupedo subtracted 203 calories and basically undid all of my other exercises by doing that :/
    I don't really understand as it states that the app will adjust accordingly but surely it cannot go below sedantry!?

Thanks
  • wendy560
    wendy560 Posts: 5 Member
    I have synced Accupedo to my MFP . Accupedo shows up on MFP but shows the calorie count as 0. Why doesn't it show the calorie count. Has anyone had this issue as well?
  • violet_grey
    violet_grey Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same issue with Accupedo. I attempted to contact the developers about this but got a little bit of a run around. Essentially the app is incapable of making positive adjustments to your calorie count. if you set MFP to accept negative adjustments it will subtract the calories you've burned from your available calories instead of adding them; counting calories burned as calories consumed. This is a basic and essential part of the program that somehow does not work. I created a cardio exercise that I manually plug the numbers into throughout the course of the day to try and get a somewhat accurate count. It's not unwieldy; merely annoying.
  • jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    I have this app on my phone to give me a general idea of my steps but I discovered if I shake my phone, it counts as steps. Be cautious.