will my pain go away?

Options
i am attempting to lose 30 more pounds and i am walking alot without really stopping. yesterday,i walked 7.3 miles and i only stopped for red traffic lights. my left foot has bad blisters and both my achillies hurt somewhat. i get headaches and some back pain and also,both my thigh muscles hurt. i want to try to walk about 4.5 miles tonight without stopping but i don't think that my body will hold through. can anyone tell me if this pain will go away and how many non stop miles a day should i walk? BTW - i never walked more than 2 miles straight before 2 weeks ago.

Replies

• Annesoucy1957
    Options
    Hi, yes the muscle pain will stop eventually once you are fitter. Pain is a warning system so if you get tendon pains while walking it might be that you are trying to do too much too fast. Do it gradually, increase as you get comfortable. Exemple: If walking 2 miles is too much go for 1 mile then when you can do it easily increase to 2 and so forth. you need to give time to your body to adapt.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Take a break from walking. Your feet need you to cooperate with their needs.
    Keep you5 5 caloric deficits more important than exercise.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    sounds like you're overdoing it. why not dial it back to half an hour and gradually work up? you're not supposed to go from couch potato to hero overnight - your heart, tendons and ligaments may not be up to the task. the headache is worrying me, too. could be too much a drop in blood sugar or hunger or just physical exhaustion or something else. are you using a heart rate monitor?
  • lurker011
    lurker011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i did it. i walked the 4.5 miles non stop and i have the same symptoms. i have a slight headache,some dizziness and my blisters really hurt. i have to lose this stomach fat because type 2 diabetes runs in my family and stomach fat is the main culprit for this. i really don't think that my body can take this anymore. today i ate about 1,100 calories and walked about 5 miles all together and i still weigh 227 pounds. i guess that i will never lose the stomach fat.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Sit put your feet up and read.....

*Log EVERYTHING

*Weigh Solids

*Measure liquids

*Exercise for fitness
    (weight lifting is my recommendation)

*Be Honest with Yourself

*Measure yourself, take silly pictures and then enjoy your progress.

And............

*****MOST IMPORTANTLY******

READ THIS

======================================================================================================
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    ======================================================================================================

THEN READ IT AGAIN........ :drinker:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal