Frustrated!!! 2.5 month stall!!

Hello,
I've been using MFP for about 3 months now. I dropped 10 lbs fairy quickly, and only 2 lbs in the past 2 months! I am so frustrated! I have been following it pretty closely, but the scale has been jumping up and down the same 4lbs. I go to the gym about 2-3 times a week. I started with weight training and cardio, but for the past couple weeks i've switched to running.

I am 5'11, i started at 199 and i am jumping between 186-189lbs daily. I have set my calories to lose 2 lbs per week which gives me 1320 calories. I originally had it set to lose 1.5 lbs but i could not eat all of my calories back at the end of the day after my workout (close to 900!!).

I was wondering if anyone has any tips? I was doing so well at first, but i'm beginning to feel defeated.

Thank you!
Becka

Replies

• lizzyfrizzy
    lizzyfrizzy Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Becka!

I was stalling too! I can message you the details if you want! :)

Liz
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Hi Becka!

I was stalling too! Then I tried Advocare and have lost 15.4 lbs in 22 days!!! I can message you the details if you want! :)

Liz

Hi Liz, I am the agent for a Nigerian Prince who needs help moving money out of his country. Message me if you want to earn lots of money by helping me.

ps: post reported
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Hi Becka!

I was stalling too! Then I tried Advocare and have lost 15.4 lbs in 22 days!!! I can message you the details if you want! :)

Liz

Hi Liz, I am the agent for a Nigerian Prince who needs help moving money out of his country. Message me if you want to earn lots of money by helping me.

ps: post reported

^^Excellent!^^

Seriously, though, maintaining that long suggests there isn't a substantial caloric deficit (undercounting intake or over counting expenditure or both). New exercises or intensity that make muscles sore can cause water weight that masks fat loss, but that is usually on the order of a week, not months. Any medications or other conditions that would promote water retention? If not, reexamine how you're counting. I.e. How you estimate exercise expenditure, weigh all food on a digital scale, how you estimate restaurant meals, measuring alcohol/caloric beverages, activity level, etc.