cold weather

Options
Cold weatherr always makes me so hungry. I am drinking lots of water but that is making me even colder. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Warm water? ;)

Haha, I have no idea. Try and snack on lower calorie options. Butterless popcorn, grapes, pieces of apples and other fruits. Things like that that won't hurt you.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hot tea! Danged near same as water but is warm :smile: If you are not a tea person I would maybe try heating up some diluted juice .
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    More Protein in your diet should help with hunger...Good Luck and find something to keep u busy like a hobby in the cold winter months...I got the PS3 Move kinda like the WII so now i can play video games and move around at the same time....
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I like tea as well. You can also make soup as snacks instead of just lunch. Just pack a larger thermos full, have a little for snack(s) and the main part for lunch.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    Add extra fiber to your diet as well. In the winter I like to make veggie soups in my slow cooker (today I'm making Split Pea!) They are low in calories, super warm, and fill you up!

I also drink hot herbal tea with a tsp of honey for most of my water servings. Be careful though - tea with caffeine (like chai or black and green teas) shouldn't be counted toward your water goals. Herbal and naturally caffeine-free (like rooibos) are fine.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Protein helps with hunger...Just make sure it is a lean or lower fat protein. Also yeah, tea, coffee (regular or decaf) I also have done the Crystal Light Lemonade, and then heated that up in the microwave for a bit for a change to the same old coffee and tea.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Home made soups get me through winter. I make huge pots for dinner and then I have lunches for the next several days. Also, move more. Taking a walk helps with the hunger and warms you up.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Me too! :laugh:

I always feel like I'm a bear and my body wants to store food for hibernation :bigsmile:

I started packing more health snacks in my lunch bag. So if I am a little hungry I can have snacks full of protein and fiber to keep me satisfied. Like yogurts, fruit, almonds etc.......And for dinner ............winter months make me crave warm soups/chilis/stews. I load them with lots of veggies and have ingredients with low sodium. The soups keep me warm and toasty in the evening.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    You can also make soup as snacks instead of just lunch.

Excellent idea! Score! :happy:
  • RodgerBuckley
    RodgerBuckley Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cold weather always makes me so hungry

Cold weather is also very good at making people feel like doing nothing, but that's not good. When I'm working in my study, it's the coldest place on earth and I get really cold as I'm only sat at my desk wearing my fingers down on the keyboard. However, once I get my bum off the chair and start doing something physical it's surprising just how quickly I warm up.

So, instead of raiding the fridge to satisfy those hunger pangs, pick up a brush and sweep the path or the drive, take a cloth and wipe those windows - inside or out, go and clean the bathroom again - anything that gets you moving with vigour. You'll find that you no longer feel cold, you no longer feel hungry, and when you do eat later on, you'll have earned those calories ;0)

The next post you should be making is to tell everyone how good you feel and that you're really determined to lose that weight and those inches - POSITIVE ATTITUDE RULES :bigsmile:

Good luck girl :flowerforyou:
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips. I run my own daycare so I am home most of the day. I have told all the moms to bring extra layers of clothing, coats, hats and gloves because I have started to take the kids outside for a few hours to play just so we can get out of the house. I really need to move to a warmer climate. in the hotter months we are always at the beach or parks so its is so much easier to resist temptation and to move around.