Losing after stopping nursing???

Options
It's been about a month since I stopped nursing my son and it seems the weight is just falling off. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful. I just don't want loose weight too fast and gain it all back. I never lost any while I was nursing but now that we are done it seems to be coming off alot easier. I'm set up to lose 1.9 lbs a week but 3 has been coming off every week for the past 3 weeks. Is this all in my head or have other mothers experienced this? I always hear the opposite...that it's easier to lose weight while nursing! Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the same or did you adjust your diet?

Good luck with the weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • Chipperoo23
    Options
    It might just be the drying up, or your hormones changing. You'd be suprised how much those puppies weigh when they are full. And god knows that women are all hormones, and that they can make or break our weightloss. So you might have hit some magic hormone formula! :) Either way, congrats on losing!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    P.S. Your son is so sweet! Congrats!
  • Net132
    Net132 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Kinda the same for me. I My diet has changed a lot since I stopped nursing. I could not eat a lot of veggies or turkey it gave my son terrible gas. Never really had any weight loss while nursing just maintained.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what happened to me when I weaned my daughter 2 years ago. I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks and was back to pre-preg weight with that loss as soon as I weaned her.

I am 10 pounds above pre-preg weight now and am weaning my son in the next month or 2. I hope it happens the same way again.
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'd love for that weight loss to happen to me too, when I wean my little munchkin later this month. Congrats on the weight loss!