Help me understand

Options
Ok - so I've been doing crazy good on my caloric intake/exercise/water intake. Last night, I was hungry and wanted a little snack, so I ate one fidgcicle (40 calories) and a pack of cheeze-its (100 calories) - thus only going over by 140 calories. I hop on the scale this morning and gained 3 lbs!? How is that possible?

Replies

• jmeyer2952
    jmeyer2952 Posts: 8
    Options
    Ok - so I've been doing crazy good on my caloric intake/exercise/water intake. Last night, I was hungry and wanted a little snack, so I ate one fidgcicle (40 calories) and a pack of cheeze-its (100 calories) - thus only going over by 140 calories. I hop on the scale this morning and gained 3 lbs!? How is that possible?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It's not real weight, but what I call "fake weight". The cheez-its are high in sodium, and if you're getting a lot of sodium, that can make you retain water. Or, if your exercising more than your used to. Or, lots of other reasons.

Here's an article:

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would probably equate that to water weight... ate high-sodium product later in the evening.

Don't worry! That will drop right off. Good luck! :happy:
  • amy_ryan
    amy_ryan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters - you should not be worried. I had been good all week, then went over about the same amount you did yesterday. The scale was down this morning, but often when I am "good," it's up. I always give the scale a week or so to determine if I have truly gained or lost anything, since for me it fluctuates a couple of pounds at any given time.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I hear ya though, it happens to me alot b/c I eat those processed pre packaged meals quite often, like the smart ones and lean cuisines. The weight comes back off quickly, drink lots of water :)
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm with the other ladies - Cheeze-its are KILLER! Anything with salt and you hold the water. A salt free day with lots of water and it will be gone!
    :flowerforyou: