Wii Exercises/The Biggest Loser/Just Dance/etc.

Options
We have a Wii. We got it mostly for the children, but once I found out that there were things made for "adults" for fitness, I got interested. I had my eye on one...I cannot remember now what it was...but hubby couldn't find it on his Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve expedition, so he got "The Biggest Loser" Wii game for me instead. I truly like it. I like Bob. I like the tips that it gives. I like that it adjusts to your needs. I like that it works out all parts of your body... But as far as fun, it's more like a chore. I do enjoy getting it done, but it's not FUN. I don't care that much cause I know that it is something I HAVE to do. Well, lately, I have read some stuff about Just Dance (and 2) for Wii...and have wondered how I would like them (I have wondered the same thing about Zumba). I LOVE music and I love moving to the MUSIC. I listen to music when I walk, when I clean, and lots of times, I feel like just dancing instead of doing what I have gotta get done! :) So, today, I looked up some YouTube videos for Just Dance. I did 4 different dances! It was soooooo much fun! I loved it! I had a really rough night last night with a sick child and all, and was really not up to doing ANYTHING today... So, I decided to give this a try and see if it pepped me up. Man, did it ever! Awesome! After one song, it said, "Sweat" and had this little bar graph thing that went up to 500+...does that mean 500 calories burned in that ONE song...or that the player had burned in all his/her play? Surely it's not for one song. Anyway, any of you who do this, do you use it as your "main" exercise, or do you do something else as well? Also, what other things do you use with your Wii for fitness purposes and how do you like them?

Replies

• ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    The 500 and bars is for your total points!!! haha that was funny though....
    The "better" you do each move the wii remote will capture the results, Great, OK, and nothing....

In my house my daughters and I have a running competition for the highest points.. I'm not really sure how much you burn, but I'm always sweating afterward!!! I LOVE JUST DANCE AND REALLY WANT #2!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN DANCING
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I don't use it as my main exercise, but it's good if I'm still over my cals (like today. I missed my swim so did a workout dvd and will be having a Just Dance sesh when my dinner has settled down!). It is great fun.
    You don't burn that many cals per song but after 12 or so, I've managed around 200 cals. I like the Sweat mode cos I really give it some welly!
    Just enjoy it when you can, it's great fun!!!!!!!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    The 500 and bars is for your total points!!! haha that was funny though....
    The "better" you do each move the wii remote will capture the results, Great, OK, and nothing....

In my house my daughters and I have a running competition for the highest points.. I'm not really sure how much you burn, but I'm always sweating afterward!!! I LOVE JUST DANCE AND REALLY WANT #2!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN DANCING

I have Just Dance 2 and it's brilliant!!!!!!!!
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 has a 'Just Sweat' program that determines your effort level during each song along with your score (which is how accurately you did the moves), the sweat points aren't actual calories burned. I ADORE Just Dance 2 but also do a DVD based workout program called Turbo Fire. There are Wii games that incorporate strength training and are more 'total fitness programs' than Just Dance, which is great cardio; good for burning calories. I haven't tried biggest loser but the EA Active programs are excellent for getting a complete workout. There is a new one coming out that I am so excited for, it comes with a heart rate monitor that tells your Wii how you are doing. I also hear that a Michael Jackson dancing game and also a Wii version of Zumba are coming soon!