Breaking a sweat in the cold

clioandboy
clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
This morning I did 5k whilst being battered by the north wind and it was snowing (yep crazy) but ...... I ended up getting cold.

I sweat lots (even in todays conditions) my hair and clothes get wet and I get chilly. What to wear, my t shirt was dripping, the neck of my fleece too..... I certainly do not plan on exercising indoors, well until the weather is really extreme anyway and I really love exercising outside but it cannot be good to be running around dripping wet at zero degrees with the wind whipping you, can it?

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    sounds like you need the wick away under armor stuff they sell at sports stores to keep the sweat/moisture away from your body so you don't get cold :)
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Yeah, I would suggest upper and lower body cold weather tights. you can go to ****'s and find some, they're great. Also, get a stretch cap to wear under a beanie! you'll be fine.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    I live in the Great White North and run outside too!

I wear layers. A running tank top to sponge up my sweat and 2 t-shirts. The bottom one gets slightly wet and the top one stays dry. Then I wear a hoodie or a fleece along with a scarf (100% cotton to absorb sweat) & mitts! I swear I look like the marshmallow man but whatever...

When I go out in the morning its -5C and them northerly winds are a bugger. But I usually manage a 40 min run/walk without catching a chill.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    I swear I look like the marshmallow man but whatever...

lmao!!!!! :D

I am no follower of fashion but this is a look I think I can do!
    I dont give a monkeys what I look like (hence I wear lycra for cycling - not a good look for a lard *kitten*) but I do want to be comfy, okay temp and preferably not dripping - gotta get a hat! @quentien3 I am guessing this is what a stretch cap is...... and a beanie too???? gotta be huh?

thanks for your replies peeps
This discussion has been closed.