1. back hurts when I do abs 2. 30DS vs turbo jam

Chrissle64
Chrissle64 Posts: 18 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
1. Every time I try to work my abs my back ends up being really sore the next day. I don't know if it's because my abs are so weak or what. What kind of ab workouts can I do that won't hurt my back?

2. I have been alternating between the 30 day shred and the turbo jam cardio party 1. the exercise database says that I burn more calories doing the turbo jam than I do the 30 day shred. I feel like I'm working twice as hard when I do the 30ds than when I do the turbo jam. Any insight?

Replies

• JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    when you lay down to do crunches tilt your pelvis and relax your back (breathe into) before you even start & when you're sitting up your neck should be open and facing the ceiling.
    Maybe you're already doing that I dunno... just my two cents :)
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    1. You're probably doing them wrong. I do crunches regularly with or without a ball and never have an issues with my back.
    2. Get an HRM
  • Chrissle64
    Chrissle64 Posts: 18 Member
    Maybe I should get a ball...... I'm really bad at focusing on keeping my abs tight.

What's an HRM?
  • HRM is a Heart Rate Monitor. I have one that is like a watch that I wear on my wrist, but I would strongly suggest getting one with a chest strap. You can purchase them at any sports store, or even Walmart or Target. The one I have is the Sportline brand, but it does not have a chest strap, I question it's accuracy from time to time, but it gives me a general idea.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    My answer to number 2...TJ is longer. It's about 45 minutes while 30DS is 27 minutes. There's a lot of cardio in TJ, while 30DS is not all cardio. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.