Wii Games

Options
What Wii Games to people suggest for getting active & losing weight?

I have the Gold's Gym Boxing and really enjoy it, but like anything else, I get bored with it . . .

Suggestions for other games?

Replies

• SharonsJetSet
    Options
    Biggest Loser is a killer LOL but good burn. I also have Wii Fit plus
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I only have the wii fit plus, but I like that it has many different games.

So the biggest loser is good? I'll have to look into that!
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    They are coming out with Zumba on Nov 19th ;)
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I use Wii Fit Plus as well, but find I get bored with it. Looking for something that will keep the teenager entertained enough to use it.

Must be they have new offerings, no?

Looking forward to seeing what suggestions are posted!
  • mizzjessie
    Options
    I use Sports Active and LOVE it! I am going to gets Sports Active 2 when that comes out.
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    Really??!! zumba!?!?! I'm getting a Wii for Christmas!!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii and just brought the kinect for Xbox 360. Have to say....Im in love with the Kinect. The games are similar but without any controllers. The kinect actually scans you and you can see your body on the screen. But back to the Wii.....The boxing games are great, wii fit 2 and Julian games are awesome. Good Luck.
  • Claudia007
    Options

WHAT?!?!!!! omg I'm getting this!!! Thank you! :)
  • lizzie4015
    Options
    good job!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Just Dance 2. I burned 230 calories doing 8 or 9 songs (45 total minutes, not counting breaks between songs) yesterday per my HRM.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I may have to put that on my Santa list :love:
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Kinect looks so exciting. For Wii: Just Dance 2 is an amazing and SUPER fun and sweaty cardio burn. EA Active (and the 'more workouts' version) are awesome. The Active games combine strength training with cardio and keeps track of your progress so it is great as a fitness program. I just saw and ad for the third and very exciting EA Active game! (comes with some kind of hear rate monitor that tells your Wii how you are doing!). I have the PS3 Move but it kinds sucks... Kinect looks much better.
    Wii Fit is great but I had to move on, it just can't burn enough calories in what little time I have to workout.
    Soooo, to summarize, my advice is to get Just Dance 2 immediately! (it is cheap comparatively) if you want to burn calories. If you really want a complete fitness program, the EA Active games are excellent.
  • amberchristi
    Options
    I've been a big fan of Wii Active - I have the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus as well, but I always feel more "burn" after working out on the Active.
  • BearfromNS
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions . . .

I think I'll try the Just Dance . .I have heard its good . . .just worried I'll get bored with that one too . ..URGH . . .
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My Vote is for the Wii Active games as well, I just finished the 6 week challenge hard. and did some of the extra aerobics only stuff. I Have asthma so some of these really kicked my but.

I found them great tho, and cannot wait to get Wii Active 2 on the 16th they are going to incorporate a heart rate monitor, and an online reporting system! Should be interesting.

My other vote goes for Dance Dance Revolution for the PS2 LOVE it, and gets you moving!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I use Sports Active and LOVE it! I am going to gets Sports Active 2 when that comes out.

Love these ones too. Active 2 has been out a while I think last year. I know I have two versions.

My kids and I use Just Dance. Great family fun and cardio workout you wouldn't expect.
  • flynabster
    Options
    Hi, newbie here....
    Zumba for Wii is available for pre-order on Amazon.....I think I'll get it....looks like fun....
  • Claudia007
    Options
    Did the Wii Active last night after collecting dust for awhile :blushing: And now I'm paying for it! It kicked my butt (in a good way)! I did the "20 minute workout- easy" and burned 174 calories!
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    My favorite wii games :
    - Just Dance 1 and 2
    - My Fitness Coach (the cardio routine is fun and really challenging!)
    - Walk it Out (its a good workout if you jog, jump or dance instead of just walking)
    - Wii Fit Plus (basic and fun ; I like using my Advanced Step while watching tv...)

Other games I want to buy :
    - Gold Gym's Cardio Workout
    - Gold Gym's Dance Workout
    - Zumba Fit (not yet released)

Personally, I dont like the games for strenght training. I prefer DVDs for that.
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options

YES!!! can't wait for that