So frustrated!! Please help!

Options
I don't mean to be a nag or seem redundant with my questions but I'm beyond frustrated trying to figure out what is going on with my stomach! A couple weeks ago, I upped my calorie intake to 1500 because I learned how terribly devastated my current calorie deficit was before (under 1200 most of the time). So now I'm eating clean and several times a day. But my stomach looks line I'm gaining weight. I usually wear tight tank tops to crossfit but lately have felt too insecure about my belly. I usually have a nice flat tummy up until the week before TOM. Then I could expect some bloating. But now, I'm at the tail end of that and my belly just won't budge. It's hanging over my pants when I sit and starts expanding not long after arising in the morning. Usually as soon as I eat or drink something no matter how small or light. I was really hoping things would go back down to normal at the end of my period....but no such luck. I feel "thick" around the middle. Nowhere feeling as lean as I was. My body deserves and needs these calories and so do I if I intend to build some muscle. My last bit of hope is thinking that after a calorie deficit, maybe my body is holding on to the calories from food it's not used to getting. I'm totally lost! Am I eating foods at the wrong time pre or post workout or eating them at the wrong time of the day? I'm just baffled! I feel I'm working super hard to make great changes and finally giving my body the fuel it needs but I feel miserable with this belly.
Any thoughts as to why? Or something I may try?

Replies

• sofiachohdary
    Options
    If you were on a very low calorie deficit before, that could explain it. It also depends what you are eating and how much water you are consuming.

A look at your diary (just for yesterday only) shows a lot of sweeteners, chocolate products, and all at the wrong time of day.

You need to eat real food, you need a strong breakfast in the morning, a good decent lunch, and keep your dinner to a minimum. Check my diary to see what I'm talking about. Your breakfast is too little, it should be minimum 500 calories, and it should be high on protein and fat.

For lunch you need real homemade food (legumes, lean meat, vegetables etc).

I'm also near to TOM, but I still watch what I eat, I may go overboard on my calories all the way to maintenance, but I still try to eat healthy stuff. It keeps me feeling full and not craving for chocolates etc. And please count your water.