Is this the best???

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Just had to share...

I was chatting with girlfriends yesterday about how awful dieting is (one was doing Atkins - UGH), but I have to say THIS HAS BEEN SO GREAT! :love:

In 10 weeks I've lost 15 lbs, and I've eaten small portions of really healthy food 90% of the time, with lots of little treats here and there 10% of the time (Lindor Truffles; ice cream; Tiramisu; cake; potato chips; hamburgers; Chinese food; Thai food; french fries; donuts)... Could this plan be easier? I feel like I could honestly do this for the rest of my life!

Hope everyone out there is enjoying this too!
Here's to losing!
:drinker:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Just had to share...

I was chatting with girlfriends yesterday about how awful dieting is (one was doing Atkins - UGH), but I have to say THIS HAS BEEN SO GREAT! :love:

In 10 weeks I've lost 15 lbs, and I've eaten small portions of really healthy food 90% of the time, with lots of little treats here and there 10% of the time (Lindor Truffles; ice cream; Tiramisu; cake; potato chips; hamburgers; Chinese food; Thai food; french fries; donuts)... Could this plan be easier? I feel like I could honestly do this for the rest of my life!

Hope everyone out there is enjoying this too!
    Here's to losing!
    :drinker:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, everyone complains about dieting but I am on a lifestyle change lol
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I agree! It really couldn't be any easier and still work! I'm having great success and I don't feel like I'm starving or deprived of anything. MFP rocks!!! :glasses:
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    You are so right. Losing weight here has been way easier then it ever was before. I've tried other diets and they were always hard, I felt miserable and as soon as I stopped the weight came back. I don't feel like I'm being deprived of anything. If I really want something I have it, just in moderation. As long as I keep close to my calorie count even if I go over just a little, it still works. I am actually enjoying this. I feel so much better than I have in a long time. I don't feel sluggish anymore because 95% of the time I am eating healthy. I don't see this as a diet, just as a lifestyle change and I choose to be healthy.:drinker:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!!! :happy:

MFP makes managing a healthy lifestyle EASY! Plus, you have the added bonus of great friends to chat with! Awesome!:bigsmile:

I love this site! So glad I found it!!! :love:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I figured others felt the same way! Thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:

In the past, I was the biggest "diet failure" (tried everything, quit everything) and was going to resign myself to be overweight for ever, this has been SO great!!!
    :love:

Congrats to all!
    :smile:
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    This site is great. I never feel hungry and I never go without the foods :smile: I crave. If I want pizza I get a slice and eat part of it, instead of the 3 I used to eat. If I go to a family gathering I do not starve myself. I eat what I want in smaller portions. i just make sure I stay within my calories. I never really feel like I am "dieting". I have lost 16 pounds with this lifestyle change.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I couldn't disagree more.

:indifferent:

Just kidding! :bigsmile:

MFP is the best kept secret on the intraweb. :happy:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree. MFP is teaching me healthy habits by allowing me to track all I eat and see how it impacts my body. I told my husband this morning that of all the times I've tried to lose weight, I have never done tracking of foods like I'm doing now, and it is eye opening.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I was just talking with a friend about how I eat everything that I used to, just a lot less!! Whenever I've tried to "diet" before, I could cut out all carbs or sweets..which would last for a little while, but then I've binge and give up. This has been very easy! I'm still able to eat things like ice cream and candy sometimes, and I'm losing more weight than I did before!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I was just talking with a friend about how I eat everything that I used to, just a lot less!! Whenever I've tried to "diet" before, I could cut out all carbs or sweets..which would last for a little while, but then I've binge and give up. This has been very easy! I'm still able to eat things like ice cream and candy sometimes, and I'm losing more weight than I did before!

Grey - Isn't it GREAT!?!?!?!? You've done so well - 10 lbs - I feel like you just started yesterday! :wink:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I feel th same way. I even went out to eat and stayed with in my calories (I have never done that). I have learned portion control. I have lost 16lbs in 8 weeks with out starving myself and feel better than I have in years. :drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!! I feel soooo lucky to have found this when I did! And you too!!! The support has been wonderful, sticking within my limits has been pretty easy, and I too indulge in a Lindor Truffle every once in a while, the red are my favourite!!! My son Lukas found my secret stash just the other day....I had to share! :cry: I've really made a change in my life and I don't see any of the old habits returning, so I'm as happy as can be!!! :happy:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I started t his right at the very end of December and it is mid-May. I've lost some ground because of my back surgery, but I'm still here...that in itself is a miracle! This is the best thing I've found for weight loss...but it's even more because you all rock! I really like how everyone on here adds just that little something that makes MFP special and keeps us all motivated and going strong. There aren't enough adjectives to describe how great this site is!
    Cowboy:heart:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    LOVE IT!:heart: LOVE IT!:heart: LOVE IT!:heart:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!! I feel soooo lucky to have found this when I did! And you too!!! The support has been wonderful, sticking within my limits has been pretty easy, and I too indulge in a Lindor Truffle every once in a while, the red are my favourite!!! My son Lukas found my secret stash just the other day....I had to share! :cry: I've really made a change in my life and I don't see any of the old habits returning, so I'm as happy as can be!!! :happy:

I agree also. It is a lifestyle change for me that I could never do before. :grumble: I think the biggest factor for me is all the great advice and wonderful support from you all. I have never gotten this amount of support before anywhere. This site has the greatest people period. :drinker: Thank you all. :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I love it too, and all of you guys!!!! :love: :love: :love:
    Congrats to everyone on their successes!

Btw... check out Skinny Dreams' profile - 70+ lbs - she's my inspiration - truly!
    :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I love it too, and all of you guys!!!! :love: :love: :love:
    Congrats to everyone on their successes!

Btw... check out Skinny Dreams' profile - 70+ lbs - she's my inspiration - truly!
    :flowerforyou:

Awww, I'm blushing!:blushing: Thanks!!!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I agree I love :heart: this sight. I don't think those other diets are good at all (the low carbs diets).
    Your body needs carbs. I would have to say, it's somewhat important or those foods wouldn't be the largest part of the food pyramid...wouldn't you agree???:happy:

One of my co-workers and I started our eating plans the same day. She is doing the South Beach
    and I'm tracking.
    In 4 wks we both lost 5 lbs. She is dying :sick: wanting to eat Carbs and yes I have to tease her (I know it's mean and eveil:devil: ) that I lost the same amount and I have been eating carbs, but it goes you show you with diet and exercise you can lose weight, be happy and satisfied.
    Granted she doesn't work out and I kill myself doing a gazillion hours of
    cardio a week, but she seriously doesn't have any energy anyways doing the SB and it's sad because she is my sidekick at work and she's been so quit and blah lately :frown:
    Also since I work out our other co-workers swear I have lost more than 5lbs and they haven't said, much to her! Exercise is such and awesome thing for re-shaping and toningl. My back fat is almost gone LOL :laugh:

This weekend she's back to carbs...wonder what happens now??? :embarassed:
    With that said, I'm off to eat some good cookin' my hubby has been slaving away at :happy:
    Kel~:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    One of my co-workers and I started our eating plans the same day. She is doing the South Beach
    and I'm tracking.
    In 4 wks we both lost 5 lbs. She is dying :sick: wanting to eat Carbs and yes I have to tease her (I know it's mean and eveil:devil: ) that I lost the same amount and I have been eating carbs, but it goes you show you with diet and exercise you can lose weight, be happy and satisfied.

Awesome work Kel! :flowerforyou:

And if you look at the statistics of people who keep it off, it is almost always people who do a plan like this - one that you can sustain forever!
    :love: :love: :love: