B12 Shots

Options
ok so im starting the B12 shots and am a lil confused cuz my friend is also doing it but she bought them somewhere else and her vial is white compared to mine which is red she is also injecting herself in her arm and i was told to do it in the stomach.

is anyone else taking B12 who can give me some tips on when n how to do it and y theres a red n white one?

Replies

• WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You may have the Lipo-B12 shot. There's two different kinds on the market right now, or they could just be different brands. When I got my regular B12 shots, I had them in the arm.
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The ones we use in the UK are hydroxycobalamin and are red. It's an intramuscular injection and we give it in the deltoid muscle. I'm a bit concerned why you are using them though? Have you check your levels and found to be low? Unless you have profoudly low levels or pernicious anaemia (an autoimmune condition that means you can't absorb B12 from the gut) then oral supplements would be fine.
  • mcanals123
    Options
    alot of people use them to burn fat quick or so ive been told which is y im taking them but its not only b12 it has some other type of amino acids and stuff in it