What the...?

Options
Here is what I have eaten since 3:30AM (I had to get up early for work.)

1 bowl of oatmeal
1 orange

I had a piece of wheat toast w/1Tbsp. peanut butter @ appx. 8AM

I then had 1 cup of raisin bran with 1/2 cup of milk @appx. 9AM

That is almost all of my calories for the day, and I have been drinking a lot of water. Why, then, is my stomach still growling and screaming as if I haven't eaten in days? Every time I eat something today, I feel full until about a half hour later, and my stomach just feels completely empty and growls in hunger. What is going on?! I'm not being any more active today than I usually am. Is there something wrong, or am I just not doing something right?

Replies

• BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options

1 bowl of oatmeal
    1 orange

That is almost all of my calories for the day, and I have been drinking a lot of water. Why, then, is my stomach still growling and screaming as if I haven't eaten in days? Every time I eat something today, I feel full until about a half hour later, and my stomach just feels completely empty and growls in hunger. What is going on?! I'm not being any more active today than I usually am. Is there something wrong, or am I just not doing something right?
  • amandadanda
    amandadanda Posts: 15
    Options
    Sometimes your body is sending you messages-

Oatmeals and bran have some protein, but not enough. Maybe next time try to have some egg beaters in the morning(30 cals and 6g protein-I usually double) this is low cal and protein is the super filler! Or I drink a protein mix with a little skim milk and a some water (140 for the mix and 40 for the milk-29g of protein) it isn't as tasty, but coming from someone who can eat a piece of cake after 3 other pieces of cake, you would have to tie me down and force feed me. I am so full and it lasts for 4-5 hours before I even want to eat again.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am rarely full especially at that T.O.M. so that is why I eat lower calorie things so I don't use up all my calories in one sitting. (or three quick ones) I found that oranges never fill me up (I could eat 20 and still want more). I can't speak on oatmeal because I really don't like it so haven't bought it since I started this. I do eat egg beaters a lot also and add lots of veggies to bulk it up for not so many calories. Peanut butter is a very calorie dense food as well. I use that sometimes when I need a calorie filler later on in the day. Make sure you are drinking lots of water too if you drink a cup before and after each meal it helps to trick you into thinking you are full. Sometimes I feel as if I just need to eat something even if I am not hungry- this is when I reach for the celery or other low cal veggies. I also find if I am more involved in something (other than sitting by my kitchen thinking for the next thing to eat) I am more likely to eat less and more likely to fit in more of what I really want to eat, rather than just eating fillers. good luck -Heather-
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

1 bowl of oatmeal
    1 orange

That doesn't sound like many calories at all--how many are you allowing yourself a day?

Also, you can cut out some calories by eating more healthier. For example, use skim milk instead of whole--that right there will cut out many calories. Also, choose a more healthier cereal and a low calories bread with healthier peanut butter, etc.

In other words--you can still eat many things you like but choose healthier versions of them and save a lot of calories, carbs, and sodium!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

1 bowl of oatmeal
    1 orange

100 cal for a package of instant oatmeal
    81 cal for a navel orange
    35 cal wheat bread
    95 cal Jif peanut butter
    200 cal 1 cup of raisin bran (puffed wheat is 60 cal & cheerios 100 cal)
    43 cal 1/2 cup skim milk
    total = 554 is this what you had for a total ?

I think I'd go to bed and sleep until tomorrow LOL :wink:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    for only 473 calories i had this
    Egg - Grade A Large - Egg White Only, 12 Egg White(s) 192
    Hormel - 97% Fat Free Ham, 4 slices (2 ounces) 60
    Onions - Raw, 2 tbsp chopped 8
    Tomatoes - Roma Tomato, 0.5 Tomato 18
    Oscar Mayer - Bacon - Fully Cooked - Ready To Serve, 1 serving (15 g) 70
    Fresh Produce - Bell Peppers (Green), 0.5 Cup Raw 15
    white bread 2 slices 110