Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello from MN...

ladeb
ladeb Posts: 304 Member
Hi, Just found this on Saturday - love it. Yesterday I found the mobile app - amazing. Anyway, I am a Minnesotan, I need to lose quite a bit of weight so I found a personal trainer (he referred me to this site), joined a gym, and am on day 3 of giving up my very nasty diet soda habit. Water just doesn't taste the same or have the caffeine, but I am surviving.

Replies

• rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Hey there!Welcome and good luck with your goals.I'm from mn too,what part are you in?Do you like tea?
  • ladeb
    I am in Champlin. As for tea - never had any I liked so far. I think I am going to have to stick to water.
  • Carolyn72
    Carolyn72 Posts: 22 Member
    Welcome! I joined last week and am really enjoying the site so far. I'm from Chicago and also have the requisite layer of blubber that I am trying to get rid of, so I totally know where you're coming from!

I have a coffee addiction that I am half-heartedly trying to give up. I found that, after a week of work-outs, I am grabbing my water bottle much more often than my coffee cup. I don't seem as sluggish in the AM either. I was surprised to find (just now) that I only had one cup today, instead of my usual one pot! LOL Maybe you'll find the same is true for you with soda. Keep on truckin'!
  • tigerlily26
    tigerlily26 Posts: 1 Member
    Good for you! I know it's tough to ditch the diet pop - I struggle with it myself. Glad you found the mobile site - it's definitely good to help you stay on track! I'm from Michigan by the way!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    I also just joined, and I lived in MN for three years, too! (Brooklyn Park, then Plymouth, then St. Paul). I came back to Michigan to be closer to my family. What gym did you join? I love hearing about MN. I have friends I go to visit once or twice a year. Good luck to you! I will never be able to ditch the diet Coke habit. It's free at my office, and I love, love, love diet Coke. I am, however, diligentily trying to add more water. Exercise is the easy part for me. I hate watching what I eat. Good luck to you! sw 32
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Welcome! I can't wait until I can get a phone that supports the mobile app!! Good luck with kicking your diet soda habit and reaching your goals!!
  • ladeb
    I joined Anytime Fitness. This eliminates by excuse of " the club is never open when my schedule permits me to exercise".
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Welcome to MFP!! I am from Anoka, but live in Mpls! :) I have been using MFP for about two months now and LOVE IT! It has been the best online diet and exercise tool I have ever found! There is a WEALTH of information avaliable on this site through the message boards and blogs and I suggest utlizing this information in any way you can and reading them whenever you have any spare time. The motivation and support people provide on this site is amazing....and you dont even necessarily have to be friends! I just read everything and it really helps me stay on track!

I also hear ya on the Diet Coke thing.... So good but SOOOO bad for you!!! I have tried to cut it out completley but have not been successful... I have realized that I need to use it as a reward for my hard work. One a week is what my goal is. Here is an article that someone else on MFP had posted a link to awhile back that I found very interesting!! Good luck to you on your journey!!! =)

http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/is-diet-soda-making-you-gain-weight.aspx