What Now?

RainyDayProphet
RainyDayProphet Posts: 113
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm just a breath away from reaching my Goal Weight and have no idea how to change from my daily routine.

I've become accustomed to my smaller diet, my full time cardio, and my new lifestyle.

So, what now?

I already know it's time to add more protein, while keeping bad carbs at bay. I already know I want to add in some strength training (have a Gym membership lined up) and going to try Zumba on the weekends.

I've never really done strength training before. I was a dancer, gymnast and martial artist for years, which didn't involve any real weights. I want to build tone, while tightening the extra skin I've gathered through my weight loss. I also want to kill most of my remaining fat stores and build my chest/arms a bit, but I'm not sure how to step into this adjustment.

Any Suggestions?

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    I would suggest P90X or ChaLEAN Extreme workout DVD's for what you are looking to accomplish.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Go to http://www.freetrainers.com/ and check out a weight lifting plan...if you don't like the exercise they suggest, google the muscles they're targeting and find a different exercise...you want to do a lot of chest and back exercises for sure, but don't forget your legs...squats, lunges, etc...I love lifting weights, more than i like cardio, it's defnitely a good work out
  • lilRicki
    I would suggest P90X or ChaLEAN Extreme workout DVD's for what you are looking to accomplish.

ooo yeah, i have p90x, you get ripped!
  • POST REMOVED BY ADMIN - advertisements are not allowed on the forums.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    I've been lifting weights for over 10 years, at least up until a couple years ago when I stopped due to injury. My best bench was about 315 at around 3 reps, however I have never been stronger since I've been doing P90X. I have no idea what my bench would be right now, but what I do know is that EVERY muscle in my body has benefited from P90X. Even though I worked my back in the gym I never was very good at pullups, now I can bang out 12 straight leg pullups, in the middle of an already intense workout, no problem. It's totally doable with other routines or in the gym, but P90X takes the thinking out of it, which at this time in my life is half the battle. All I have to do is wake up and push play I don't have to worry about anything else except eating right the rest of the day. And it will burn the remainder of that stubborn fat off as well.
  • Perfect. I have p90x and am ready to go with it. I've also consulted a friend of mine who is a nutritionist and she's put together a diet to get me where I want to go.

I'm also checking out Kettlebells. Has anyone ever used them? I picked up one with a basic DVD.

So Excited to be doing something other than walking.
  • lilRicki
    who's advertising, or else we wouldn't be allowed to talk about any of the dvd's we use, the gyms we go to, the shoes we wear or the other website that allow us to lose our weight...i think that MFP is an awesome site, but it doesn't show me how to do dead lifts or how to safely do an ab crunch...
  • lilRicki
    Perfect. I have p90x and am ready to go with it. I've also consulted a friend of mine who is a nutritionist and she's put together a diet to get me where I want to go.

I'm also checking out Kettlebells. Has anyone ever used them? I picked up one with a basic DVD.

So Excited to be doing something other than walking.

OOO kettleballs are very tricky to use apparently...I'm scared to use them after Jillian Michaels got lamb-basted...(Jillian Michaels scares me too lol) if you don't use them properly you can get seriously injuried
  • lilRicki
    Sorry it double posted:blushing:
This discussion has been closed.