sodium

Options
So, controlling my sodium intake is relatively new to me. And while I have been steering away from anything that is high in sodium, I'm not entirely sure what my daily intake limit SHOULD be. Is it the sodium that makes me feel so bloated sometimes or does it increase water retention? Can anybody share any thoughts with me on this? Thanks, guys!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    recommended is 2000, I hold mine under 1200 and have fabulous results, very hard to do though,

you can keep track in your personal goal or settings area, look around, I track sodium fiber calories and calcium
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I track mine. I try to stay within the limit automatically set of 2500mg per day. It was hard at first. I've never been a salter but I had no idea how much sodium was in canned goods and frozen foods. I can really tell a difference though...the way I feel and the way clothes and jewelry fit.
    I try to make it a habit to drink lots of extra water on the days my sodium goes over the limit and that seems to help.
  • someday120
    Options
    Until last week I had no idea about tracking sodium and noticed my daily intake was around 4000
    after i stayed under 2000 my weight finally started coming off and isn't flip flopping around..

i never thought it was important, but really it is.