Too many eggs?

Options
alg42
alg42 Posts: 45 Member
Hi guys

Just wanted your opinion on this...I eat around 10 eggs a week for breakfast, especially week days as I find I am much fuller when I have protein in the morning. On weekends, I usually have something like branflakes or special K cereal for a change and I get up later so it fills me up until I have my lunch. I know that there are conflicting opinions re how many eggs you should eat as it's bad for your cholesterol and fat levels (or is it....??)

Any opinions would be great and also any suggestions for protein rich breakfasts as an alternative? I don't like to drink milk so protein shakes are out and although I will eat porridge/oatmeal, I really do not enjoy it!

Replies

• fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Eggs are healthy and anyone who tells you otherwise is ignorant.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I too love eggs. They're healthy (eating foods with cholesterol in them doesn't automatically affect your cholesterol levels), they're relatively cheap (I can get 10 L eggs for about 3 euros, so if I'd eat 2 a day that would be a 60 cent breakfast 5 days a week) and they're pretty low calorie. I think with 2 eggs a day (and 2 days a week of not eating eggs) you have nothing to worry about :)
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    2 eggs a day is not bad at all. I may be wrong, but I believe eggs have Good cholesterol. Too much of anything will be bad, but 2 eggs a day is not too many in my opinion.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a super food! They are great for you, so eat away! :)
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We have chickens, so we have fresh eggs. I eat 2 a day for breakfast as a spinach feta omelet, and a boiled one for a snack if I feel like it. My husband has 3 in the morning and 2 boiled in the afternoon. I definitely feel the difference between that and days when I have a protein shake in the morning because I'm in a hurry!

go for fresh, organic eggs.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Eggs are awesome - the best bit is the yoke (lots of healthy vits and fat).

Just log em and enjoy em.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    in the past it was believed that the cholesterol in egg yolk was harmful and should be limited.... more recent research shows that consumption of egg yolk does not cause high blood levels of cholesterol (although there may be some people who for medical reasons shouldn't eat egg yolk) and may even lower the levels of the "bad" kind of cholesterol in your blood.

the egg yolk is full of nutrients - think of it this way, an egg contains all the nutrition needed to grow a baby chicken... it's not going to provide everything that a human needs but it is chock full of protein and fat soluble vitamins. The yolk is the best bit.. the whites are mostly just protein (which is good, and egg whites are a good low calorie option for increasing your protein) but the yolks contain a whole lot of different nutrients so don't throw them away
  • tanyaj2014
    tanyaj2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mmmm eggs... :-D x
  • alg42
    alg42 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! Thanks a lot guys :-D feel much better now as I really enjoy my egg breakfasts. Will totally keep on eating them now
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yup, eggs are awesome. I eat them almost every single morning!

I find that when I eat cereal or other kinds of carbs for breakfast I just get hungry again in like an hour, so I stick to the eggs/protein.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    2 eggs a day is not bad at all. I may be wrong, but I believe eggs have Good cholesterol. Too much of anything will be bad, but 2 eggs a day is not too many in my opinion.

This. I usually eat 2 eggs a day, too. But with my dinner. I feel awesome!!!