anyone else trying to lose the baby weight?

Options
hello all, im new to the sight and looking for others that are in the same position as me so we can motivate each other. my youngest child is 2 months and im really motivated to start getting the baby weight off, and then some. my goal weight is 130 lbs, and im currently 156, ive lost 2 lbs in about 2 weeks.

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Lol. I'm trying to lose baby weight...and he's 8 yrs old. :-)
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Me too my baby is 7yrs old :wink:
  • AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am too...and then some...but my son is 2 and a half lol
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    9 1/2 AND 13 :bigsmile:
  • annaruiz
    annaruiz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    lol i just realized i put "sight" instead of "site"
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one...mine is 4!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    OH YEAH MY BABIES ARE ALMOST 3 AND 10 AND 15.....
    Good for you for not waiting! If you wait for the "right time" it will never come You must MAKE IT the right time! Good Luck!
  • karot32
    Options
    My daughter is 1 year old and I've just finished losing the baby weight... and now I'm trying to lose the weight I wanted to lose BEFORE I got pregnant! =) Unfortunately my weight now after losing over 20 pounds is about the same as your starting weight!! haha
  • annaruiz
    Options
    Im glad im not alone ladies! i thought about joining curves but the one close to my house isnt open at any convenient times for me so i thought i would try to do it on my own (and save money in the process lol). what are some of the things that yall are doing to help lose the weight? switched to whole wheat? cut out the sweets? only drink water? my weakness is pepsi so unfortunately that has been my guilty pleasure, i figure a little reward every now and then helps lol.
  • laurawright
    laurawright Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to lose baby weight as well, but mine are 6 and 4 so I guess its better late than never! Good luck to you on your journey! I've noticed for me to actually "work out" I have to do something I like! So I go rollerskating while my kids ride their bikes or take a walk with my husband! I also love "The Biggest Loser" so I bought some of their DVD's, they kick your butt!
  • lshunter
    Options
    Oh yeah! Trying to lose baby weight and some. My little one is 13 months old.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My baby is 8 weeks old today- I"ve been working on losing the weight for the last 2 weeks--- I started by working on my calories (if you are breastfeeding make sure you get no less than 1800 a day) and if you're bfing you should not lose more than a pound or 2 a week. I'm exercising 6 days a week-- 3 days a week with a trainer (core work, aerobics, kickboxing type stuff) and 3 days a week walking/jogging, last week I lost 2 pounds, I weigh in tomorrow for this week. I had been working on losing weight before I got preggo and had lost 54ish pounds then, so it feels good to be back at it! There are lots of us on here that I've seen on the message boards so you are not alone!
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    Karot32 I'm exactly the same! I've lost 16lbs but I'm at 155 now, my baby is 1 on Saturday, I've lost the baby weight too, but I want to lose the weight I've put on before I had her. Myself and my husband are trying sooo hard, my motivation is not so great, I'm kind of maintaining instead of losing at the moment.... need a kick. :-(
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    annaruiz, I've just made it a way of life, rather than a diet, cos I think if you tell yourself you can't have something you really really want it... I love Pepsi and I have to have one every day. I've just tried eating low fat and low sodium. The recipe builder on the site is really good for working out meals. I use the baby as exercise too, I take her out walking in her stroller and that's helped me get more cals to eat, I can't survive on 1280, it's too little for me. I try and drink lots of water too!!! :-)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I will be in 5 weeks. :)
  • annaruiz
    Options
    maria sheehan, i hear people say its a way of life, but i just love food sooooo much! lol i really need to make a change though or it'll be a never ending struggle
  • mlitzinger73
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I am also trying to lose my baby weight, he is 3 months old, but I have been trying to lose baby weight for 6 yrs. Since he is my last baby, hopefully I can get down to a healthy weight.
  • sassy_2280
    Options
    Things have finally settled down and I can focus on losing the baby weight from my 3 year old son! :happy:
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    Girl, I'm a foodaholic, I loooooove my food, I hear ya, I totally know how you feel, you can do it :-)
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Me too my baby is 7yrs old :wink:
    I'm with ya :wink: