if one more person pushes shakeology on me i swear..

Options
:explode: its so annoying i dont want a 120 dollar replacement for a protein shake i think its just a way for p90 coaches to make commission and i really hate stuff being pushed on me i dont believe its anything different than a processed protein but i can get 50 grams of protein from my protein shakes and i get a big tub that lasts me longer than a month for 40 so yah.. just my two cents :mad:

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I hope that you know that people are people and not all Beachbody coaches are like that. I'm glad that what you're doing is working for you! Good luck with it. :-)
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i agree! i am more than okay with my tub of off brand protein :) still does the trick!
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i ddint order it either but i heard that the g series gatorade has all the stuff u need to refuel ur body and thats what the sports people use to refuel so im sure it would be fine for us
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i think calories are calories one protein is as good as the other.. ive learned from experience generic isnt bad at all i buy off brand everything except car speakers and fireworks :laugh:
    glad to see people agree with me
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    It's unfortunate that the beachbody coaches who post a link to their personal website or push a beachbody product in almost every post they make have to make a bad name for the beachbody coaches who are respectful enough not to constantly spam other MFP members.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The thing I would disagree with is that proteins all mix differently and definitely have a different texture. I can't stand clumpers and chalky ones.
  • mccorml
    Options
    i was taking muscle milk and i had a problem with it mixing and i switched to cytogainer (made by the same company less fat about the same calories and i started mixing with skim :) it mixes great water skim or regular milk and im happy with that normally 60 bucks for one of the jugs that actually builds muscle carrying out but 40 with my gold card :) num num num goood
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Best mixing one for me is ON 100% Whey, although I did't have a problem with Muscle Milk either.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    For blending problems, there is a shaker called The Blender that comes with a spiral metal ball inside. It helps mix anything up perfectly.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    For blending problems, there is a shaker called The Blender that comes with a spiral metal ball inside. It helps mix anything up perfectly.
    I tried that with Protein Ultimate and it got clogged in the little ball. I finally got one of those single serving blenders.
  • rckola911
    rckola911 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yeah i agree 4 dollars a shake is ultra expensive. And some of them drink 2 a day. Im sure its a good product but way overpriced.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    That is annoying!! There are those who are on here to push products. But also those like me that are using MFP to monitor eating habits. How I changed my eating habits has been solely due to shakeology. And thus the info on my profile and thus the ticker too!! :blushing:

When I read someone is struggling with cravings or binging on MFP. I tell them about shakeology. How can I not say something!! And I DO NOT get a commission because I've chosen to send them to the official site, not my own.

On behalf of all annoying shakeology pushers!! SORRY!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    i think calories are calories one protein is as good as the other.. ive learned from experience generic isnt bad at all i buy off brand everything except car speakers and fireworks :laugh:
    glad to see people agree with me

I beg to differ. thats like saying 87 octane is as good as 93 or 97.

One the body will consume better then the other.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Some BB coaches give others a bad rep which is sucky. I never push anything on others!
  • mccorml
    Options
    shakeology is just a shake its got protein and good stuff but i think the placebo effect is what makes people think they dont have cravings..
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I so feel your pain.

I am a Beachbody coach...and even I get sick of all the blatant ads people put everywhere so that they can make money off of you with Shakeology.

I became a coach to do just that...to coach people to help them reach fitness goals. Not to line my pockets with commissions...

I have actually been complaining about it on Facebook for about 2 months now, and my friends list is getting smaller and smaller because every time someone tries to lure me to their personal website selling Shakeology, I delete them.

And it's also really sad, because I love Shakeology. It tastes great, is low cal, and has lots of good stuff with low sugar and low fat. It's more than a protein shake...it's not even really a protein shake, it just has protein in it. Beachbody sells protein powder, but Shakeology is meal replacement drink not protein drink. But I can't bring myself to push it on people who don't want it. If they ask me about it first, that's a different story.

Beachbody coaches, especially a lot of the new ones, need to remember that we are not salespeople. We should never push anything on anybody cause all that will happen is people (the ones we are trying to help, even!) will be pushed away.

Sorry you are frustrated...I've been reporting every post that people have placed their own website on...it's spam/advertisement, and if those users would read the rules of MFP, they'd learn that it is not allowed. However, simply talking about the product shouldn't annoy you. Not everyone who drinks it tries to sell it to you. :flowerforyou:
  • mccorml
    Options
    haha yah i know but i have probably seen shakeology on this site 200 times since i joined and people are like oh i have testicular cancer

well have you tried shakeology that might cure it actually im positive it will (okay so thats exagerating and sarcasm but still i see alot of oh shakeology will solve your problems type things)
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I tried that with Protein Ultimate and it got clogged in the little ball. I finally got one of those single serving blenders.
    An immersion blender is the best kitchen appliance you will ever buy! I've had 2 in the past 5 years, and I would go crazy without one. I've used it to make baby food, protein shakes, ice cream shakes, salsa, smoothies, whatever. The one I have now has a whisk attachment, so I can do almost everything I need to do in my kitchen with it.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    An immersion blender is the best kitchen appliance you will ever buy! I've had 2 in the past 5 years, and I would go crazy without one. I've used it to make baby food, protein shakes, ice cream shakes, salsa, smoothies, whatever. The one I have now has a whisk attachment, so I can do almost everything I need to do in my kitchen with it.

This is way off topic but I love your ticker...Grandma Panties to Thong! OHHH YEAAH! :laugh:
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    I love beachbody and their products, mainly P90 but I think a big problem they have is that (if i'm not mistaken) they allow just anyone to be a beachbody coach. No offense but if I want a coach I would like someone who knows about the product, has had great results, etc. Alot of ppl be a coach because they get the discount on the product and then you have all these ppl pushing the product to get cash from it.