Is it possible to set lower calorie limit on certain days?

Options
You've probably all guessed, I'm doing the 5:2 diet. Would love to set my calorie limit to 500 on fast days as extra motivation! Is it possible?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I think you would have to do it that day and then change it the next day...
  • nicmax88
    nicmax88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Done. Going to go lower on work days anyway so will be at a computer. Thanks SezxyStef!
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    What you could do is set your daily goal to 500, then go through the week and manually add extra calories to certain days by adding random exercises, like you could create an 'exercise' and call it whatever you want and tell it you burned 1000 cals or whatever extra you wanna eat on your non-fast days. Then you just have to put those in at the start of every week and you won't have MFP telling you you've gone over for the week when you're on a fast day... that'd work right?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What you could do is set your daily goal to 500, then go through the week and manually add extra calories to certain days by adding random exercises, like you could create an 'exercise' and call it whatever you want and tell it you burned 1000 cals or whatever extra you wanna eat on your non-fast days. Then you just have to put those in at the start of every week and you won't have MFP telling you you've gone over for the week when you're on a fast day... that'd work right?

This is an option. Or set your account to maintain or a slight increase and just know you can only eat 500-800 (depending on your plan) on the fasting days and write it in your notes. Just make sure you don't have a deficit every day.
  • nicmax88
    nicmax88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Clever!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A friend mentioned the 5:2 diet. I'm managing on 1.200 kcal a couple of days a week, when I'm not working. This is a diet, and I'm aware of the health implications with such, and have decided to have a week with normal kcal after losing almost 1lb in weight this week. I don't want to loose too much too quickly, and have flabby bits for the rest of my life.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Would be pretty nice to have multiple caloric options such as IF and such for daily calorie goals.